2013 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 30 Tight Ends
New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham. That's it.
That's the list of tight ends that finished ahead of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski in fantasy points last season even though Gronk missed five games.
One of the biggest mismatches at any position, Gronkowski is at his best in the redzone.
Gronkowski led all tight ends in receiving touchdowns (11) in 11 games played and he now has double-digit touchdowns in all three of his NFL seasons. He has a total of 39 touchdowns (38 receiving and one "rushing") in 43 career games.
Although he should be fully healthy by training camp, Gronkowski broke his forearm twice and then had an infection in the arm that led to a total of three surgeries in the past six months.
Heath Miller: The Pro Bowler
He did. For the second time in his career, Miller was selected to the Pro Bowl.
Unfortunately Miller didn't get a chance to play in the game (then again, who watches it anyways?) as he suffered a knee injury to his ACL, MCL and PCL and underwent surgery at the end of 2012.
Miller finished the season with 71 receptions for 816 yards and eight touchdowns in 15 games.
Of course, the biggest question with Miller is: Will he ready for the start of the 2013 season?
Vernon Davis: A One-Game Wonder With Kaepernick
From there on out, however, Davis had a total of six receptions in the final six games of the regular season and had more than 15 receiving yards only once (27 yards in Week 16).
That said, Davis had another strong postseason.
In three games, he had 12 receptions for 254 yards and a touchdown with back-to-back 100-yard games in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl. Last year, he had 292 yards and four touchdowns in two playoff games.
With five career postseason games under his belt, he has 100-plus yards in four of them (or 80 percent of his playoff games). In 104 regular-season games, he has only eight 100-yard games (or less than eight percent).
Here are my way-too-early fantasy tight ends for 2013 (standard scoring):
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
3. Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots
4. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
5. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
6. Owen Daniels, Houston Texans
7. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
8. Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens
9. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
10. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
11. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
12. Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams
13. Brandon Myers, New York Giants
14. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
15. Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears
16. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
17. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions
19. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins
20. Dustin Keller, Miami Dolphins
21. Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles
22. Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars
23. Delanie Walker, Tennessee Titans
24. Scott Chandler, Buffalo Bills
25. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts
26. Zach Miller, Seattle Seahawks
27. Jacob Tamme, Denver Broncos
28. Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns
29. Dwayne Allen, Indianapolis Colts
30. Lance Kendricks, St. Louis Rams
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|