2013 NFL Draft Poll: How Many First-Rounders for Alabama?
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
From 2001 to 2008, the Alabama Crimson Tide had a drought of first-round draft picks.
Over the past four seasons, however, the Crimson Tide have a total of 11 first-round picks and have had four first-rounders in each of the past two seasons.
Here are the first-rounders over the past four seasons:
- 2012: Trent Richardson (3rd), Mark Barron (7th), Dre Kirkpatrick (17th), Dont'a Hightower (25th)
- 2011: Marcell Dareus (3rd), Julio Jones (6th), James Carpenter (25th), Mark Ingram (28th)
- 2010: Rolando McClain (8th), Kareem Jackson (20th)
- 2009: Andre Smith (6th)
In my updated four-round mock draft, I have four players from Alabama going in the first round:
- No. 6 to Browns: Dee Milliner, cornerback
- No. 11 to Chargers: Chance Warmack, guard
- No. 21 to Bengals: D.J. Fluker, offensive tackle
- No. 31 to 49ers: Jesse Williams, defensive tackle
In previous updates, I've had Eddie Lacy, my top-ranked running back, going in the first round as well.
How many 'Bama players will be selected in the first round? Will they extend their streak of four first-rounders to three drafts in a row?