Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (6/24/13): 14 Teams, No. 14 Pick, PPR Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 14-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring mock and I had the No. 14 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.14 - A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals: Only five receivers in the history of the NFL have more receiving yards than Green (2,407) in their first two years in the league.
- 2.01 - Steven Jackson, RB, Atlanta Falcons: With eight consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, Jackson has a great chance to score double-digit TDs for the first time since 2006.
- 3.14 - Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee Titans: It's been a long time since he was CJ2K, but he's an excellent value as the 42nd overall pick.
- 4.01 - Reggie Wayne, WR, Indianapolis Colts: At 34 years old, Wayne may not have many more highly productive seasons left, but he had one of his best in his first with Andrew Luck.
- 5.14 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: OC Todd Haley has talked up Bell's abilities calling him a "three-down back."
- 6.01 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: Wilson was as good as it gets in the second half last year — 16-to-2 TD-to-INT ratio, 120.3 QB rating, 9.0 yards per pass attempt, 6.2 yards per rush attempt and four rushing touchdowns.
- 7.14 - Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: After being buried on the Saints depth chart, Ivory will have a chance to be the guy in NY.
- 8.01 - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers: If it weren't for DeAngelo Williams and Cam Newton taking away carries, The Daily Show would go much higher than this. That said, he's still a nice value here.
- 9.14 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: The only thing that matches Britt's on-field gifts is his off-the-field risks, but he will be playing for a new contract in a walk year.
- 10.01 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore posted his first-ever 1,000-yard season last year and as Drew Brees goes for a third consecutive 5,000-yard season, he has a realistic shot to do it again.
- 11.14 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: With Mike Wallace now playing for the Dolphins, Sanders will have an opportunity to fill the void and is a nice late(r)-round target.
- 12.01 - Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis Rams: With tremendous athleticism for the position to create mismatches, Cook could be poised for a breakout season.
- 13.14 - Matt Schaub, QB, Houston Texans: In leagues of 14 or more teams, I will consider adding a backup quarterback since there are not many options available on the waiver wire as a bye-week or injury replacement.
- 14.01 - Houston Texans D/ST: Typically I draft fantasy defenses in the second-to-last round.
- 15.14 - Steven Hauschka, K, Seattle Seahawks Typically I draft my fantasy kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team mock using standard scoring with the No. 6 pick.
|DraftKings is offering a $1,000 Week 1 Fantasy Football Free Roll: $1,000 in prizes, FREE entry|