Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (6/25/13): 12 Teams, No. 6 Pick, Standard Scoring
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Basketball:|
>> FanDuel's Fantasy NBA Freeroll: Free entry, valuable prizes to win.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team standard-scoring mock and I had the No. 6 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, three wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.06 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: With only 250 touches (207 carries and 43 receptions) last year, Spiller broke out with more than 1,700 yards from scrimmage.
- 2.07 - A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals: Only five receivers in the history of the NFL have more receiving yards than Green (2,407) in their first two years in the league.
- 3.06 - Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: In all three seasons he's played 16 games over the past five years, Johnson has 100-plus catches and 1,500-plus yards each year.
- 4.07 - David Wilson, RB, New York Giants: Now that Ahmad Bradshaw is with the Colts, Wilson will have an opportunity to be the lead back.
- 5.06 - Darren Sproles, RB, New Orleans Saints: Even though he missed three games last year, Sproles has 2,224 yards from scrimmage and 17 touchdowns over the past two years.
- 6.07 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Especially since Justin Blackmon will be suspended for the first four games, Shorts should reach the 1,000-yard milestone in his third year.
- 7.06 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: OC Todd Haley has talked up Bell's abilities calling him a "three-down back."
- 8.07 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: If it weren't for his two-game suspension, Gordon would not have been available as my WR4.
- 9.06 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: Once again, I waited until as late as possible to secure a top-12 quarterback and I'm comfortable with Romo as my starter.
- 10.07 - Fred Jackson, RB, Buffalo Bills: The best RB available at this point, but he provides some extra insurance if Spiller suffers an injury.
- 11.06 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: Wright tied Blackmon for most receptions as a rookie, but the biggest concern for the second-year receiver is the inaccuracy of his quarterback.
- 12.07 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: Jeffery is a big red-zone target and a good value late.
- 13.06 - Owen Daniels, TE, Houston Texans: Daniels finished eighth among TEs last year and is a decent value this late in the mock.
- 14.07 - St. Louis Rams D/ST: As usual, I wait until the next-to-last pick to draft the best team defense available.
- 15.06 - Garrett Hartley, K, New Orleans Saints: As usual, I wait until the last pick to draft the best kicker available at that point.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 18-team mock using standard scoring with the No. 11 pick.