Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (6/29/13): 10 Teams, No. 8 Pick, 2-QB League
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team 2-QB standard-scoring mock and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts two quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Spiller broke out last year with more than 1,700 yards from scrimmage despite getting only 207 carries.
- 2.03 - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks: With Spiller and Lynch, I have two of my top-five fantasy RBs for 2013.
- 3.08 - Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys: After a relatively disappointing start to his career, Bryant was unstoppable from Week 4 on.
- 4.03 - Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts: The last of my top-12 fantasy QBs still on the board at this point.
- 5.08 - Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: Johnson has three seasons with 100-plus receptions and 1,500-plus yards in the past five years.
- 6.03 - David Wilson, RB, New York Giants: One of the most explosive backs in the league, Wilson will get his opportunity to be the featured back in his sophomore campaign.
- 7.08 - Darren Sproles, RB, New Orleans Saints: Better in PPR formats, Sproles is still a huge bargain at this point in the mock.
- 8.03 - Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: A potential 1,000-yard rusher as my RB5? Yes, please.
- 9.08 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: This was somewhat of a mistake as I didn't initially see Gordon was available, but I expect Shorts to build upon last year's breakout season and finish with his first-ever 1,000-yard season.
- 10.03 - Andy Dalton, QB, Cincinnati Bengals: Even though I have Tannehill ranked higher, my thought/hope was that I could take Dalton here and still get Tannehill. It worked.
- 11.08 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Despite a two-game suspension, Gordon has the potential to have a monster season and my oversight two rounds earlier didn't hurt me.
- 12.03 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: I like Tannehill more than most for the 2013 season partly due to his improved weapons in the passing game.
- 13.08 - Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints: Thomas has averaged 4.8 yards per carry over his career and worked with the first team in OTAs.
- 14.03 - Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis Rams: Those that have expected a breakout season to occur for Cook are still waiting, but it's possible that the wait will be over this year.
- 15.08 - Cincinnati Bengals D/ST: Almost always, I take the best available fantasy defense with my second-to-last pick.
- 16.03 - Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens: Almost always, I take the best available fantasy kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 16-team point-per-reception (PPR) mock with the No. 16 pick.