Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/18/13): 12 Teams, No. 9 Pick, PPR Scoring with Super Flex
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring mock with a super flex (QB/RB/WR/TE eligible at flex) and I had the No. 9 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one super flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.09 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers With four QBs going in the first five picks, tremendous RB values fell to me with my first two picks.
- 2.04 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills Both Martin and Spiller were two of the five backs with at least 1,700 yards from scrimmage last season. With a new coaching staff in place, Spiller should see a much larger share of the workload in 2013.
- 3.09 - Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons Hoping that one of the top-12 QBs would be available here, but none were. Jones was my top-ranked WR still on the board.
- 4.04 - Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants With Victor Cruz signed to a long-term deal and (hopefully) better health for Hakeem Nicks, Manning should have a bounce-back season.
- 5.09 - Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints One of the league's most underrated fantasy receivers, Colston has averaged a stat line of 79/1098/8 over the past four years.
- 6.04 - Eric Decker, WR, Denver Broncos
- 7.09 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots Vereen is one of the backs that I'm targeting in the middle rounds, but I should have added a fourth RB with one of my remaining picks.
- 8.04 - Joe Flacco, QB, Baltimore Ravens Almost always, my flex will be a quarterback.
- 9.09 - Tavon Austin, WR, St. Louis Rams As my WR4, Austin is a nice value. I expect him to finish as a top-30 receiver as a rookie.
- 10.04 - Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis Rams Cook has the ability to create mismatches with his speed, and the Rams will feature him in their offense more than the Titans have.
- 11.09 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints Moore is an underrated receiver and is coming off a 1,000-yard season. Perhaps a healthier Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles means a fewer targets this year, but he's a nice value here.
- 12.04 - Seattle Seahawks D/ST One of the top, if not the top, fantasy defenses for 2013.
- 13.09 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills Considering the super flex spot, I wanted to get a third quarterback and one with upside.
- 14.04 - Matt Prater, K, Denver Broncos As usual, I draft the best available kicker in the last round.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team standard-scoring mock with the No. 1 pick .