Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/21/13): 16 Teams, No. 8 Pick, PPR Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 16-team PPR-scoring mock and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Only four RBs had more yards from scrimmage than Spiller (1,703) last season: Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles. All them had at least 78 more rushing attempts than Spiller (207), who should see his workload increase significantly under the new regime.
- 2.09 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: White is Mr. Consistency — at least 83 receptions and 1,153 yards in each of past six seasons — and Mr. Durability — no missed games in his eight seasons.
- 3.08 - Stevan Ridley, RB, New England Patriots: Better in standard-scoring formats, Ridley should be the team's workhorse back and has a decent shot to repeat last year's 1,263 rushing yards and 12 TDs.
- 4.09 - Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: Provided he can stay healthy, Garcon should have the best season of his career as opposing defenses try to slow down the Redskins' rushing attack.
- 5.08 - Ryan Mathews, RB, San Diego Chargers: Lacking durability, I am more comfortable with Mathews as my flex than as an RB2. In a deeper league, he's a fair value at this spot — and steal if he ever stays healthy for a full season.
- 6.09 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: One of my favorite aspects of the Mock Draft Simulator is the "Pick Predictor" tool (see image above). With this pick, I knew it would be unlikely that any of top 12 QBs would be available with my next pick and therefore I decided to end my wait.
- 7.08 - Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers: Lacy (and fellow rookie Johnathan Franklin) finally gives the Packers a powerful rushing attack.
- 8.09 - Fred Jackson, RB, Buffalo Bills: FJax provides some depth as my RB5 and insurance if something happens to Spiller.
- 9.08 - Justin Blackmon, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Suspended for the first four games of the season, Blackmon has WR2 upside once he returns in a 16-team league.
- 10.09 - Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns: Cameron is a popular breakout pick and for good reason in a TE-friendly offense run by Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner.
- 11.08 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: I expect Tannehill to take a huge step forward in 2013 (see my Tannehill fantasy profile and projection here).
- 12.09 - Rueben Randle, WR, New York Giants: When I compile my list of breakout and sleeper picks, you should expect to find Randle on it.
- 13.08 - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Indianapolis Colts: DHB goes to an improved situation with Andrew Luck under center and is a solid WR5.
- 14.09 - Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST: As usual, it's a team defense with my second-to-last pick ...
- 15.08 - Steven Hauschka, K, Seattle Seahawks: ... and my kicker with my final pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) mock with the No. 4 pick .
|DraftKings is offering a $1,000 Week 1 Fantasy Football Free Roll: $1,000 in prizes, FREE entry|