Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/22/13): 12 Teams, No. 4 Pick, PPR Scoring
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team PPR-scoring mock and I had the No. 4 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.04 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Muscle Hamster finished second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage last season and he should have better health from both starting guards this year.
- 2.09 - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos: With Peyton Manning under center, Thomas had a breakout season: 94 catches, 1,434 yards and 10 TDs.
- 3.04 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: White has been a model of consistency. Not only has he never missed an NFL game, but he has six straight seasons with at least 1,153 yards.
- 4.09 - Stevan Ridley, RB, New England Patriots: With the uncertainty surrounding the Patriots' pass catchers, Ridley should get another heavy workload in 2013.
- 5.04 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Although he turned 30 this offseason, Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and one of the best offensive lines in the league.
- 6.09 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Bell should get an opportunity to be the featured back for the Steelers after their team's collective lackluster rushing performance in 2012.
- 7.04 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals: Bernard will be the guy in the Bengals' backfield sooner rather than later.
- 8.09 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: In the Browns' new vertical passing attack, Gordon could be in store for a breakout season once he serves his two-game suspension.
- 9.04 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: Just another 12-team mock where I target the last QB standing among my top 12.
- 10.09 - Bernard Pierce, RB, Baltimore Ravens: One of the league's top backup RBs, Pierce should get a larger share of the workload in 2013.
- 11.04 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Loaded with talent but also immaturity, Britt will be an extra year removed from a torn ACL and motivated by entering a contract year.
- 12.09 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: Sanders should get a huge boost in targets with Mike Wallace now in South Beach.
- 13.04 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: The best TE in this year's (real) draft class, but unfortunately the presence Jermaine Gresham could limit his production in 2013.
- 14.09 - Baltimore Ravens D/ST: As usual, a team defense with my second-to-last pick.
- 15.04 - Phil Dawson, K, San Francisco 49ers: As usual, a kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 14-team standard-scoring mock with the No. 5 pick .