Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/26/13): 12 Teams, No. 3 Pick, PPR Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team PPR-scoring mock and I had the No. 3 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, three wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.03 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Muscle Hamster finished second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage last year and will have improved offensive line health in 2013.
- 2.10 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: A model of consistency, White has at least 83 receptions and 1,153 yards for six straight seasons. Even better, he is averaging a line of 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 3.03 - Victor Cruz, WR, New York Giants: Agreeing to a long-term extension this offseason, Cruz ranks fifth in the NFL in receiving yards (2,628) over the past two seasons.
- 4.10 - Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland Raiders: While missing a few games seems to be all but a certainty, McFadden is worth the risk here for the production he'll provide when on the field.
- 5.03 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard rushing seasons and the 49ers have one of the elite offensive lines.
- 6.10 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Offensive coordinator Todd Haley has described Bell as a three-down back.
- 7.03 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Facing a two-game suspension to start the year, Gordon has the talent to have a breakout year in Norv Turner's vertical passing attack once he returns.
- 8.10 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals: Not only is Bernard a good receiver out of the backfield with an all-around skill set, but he should see his workload increase as the season progresses.
- 9.03 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: The only thing that may hold him back in Year 2 is the inaccuracy of his quarterback.
- 10.10 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: Romo with the 118th overall pick shows that it pays to wait on drafting your quarterback, especially in leagues that are not deep.
- 11.03 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: Jeffery provides me with additional wide receiver depth.
- 12.10 - Sidney Rice, WR, Seattle Seahawks: If Percy Harvin misses time with his hip injury, it will boost the fantasy value of Rice and other Seahawks receivers.
- 13.03 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: One of the faster tight ends in the league, Housler could be set to have a breakout season.
- 14.10 - Arizona Cardinals D/ST: As usual, it's my team defense in the second-to-final round.
- 15.03 - Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens: As usual, it's my kicker in the final round.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 14-team PPR-scoring mock with the No. 12 pick .