Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/28/13): 14 Teams, No. 12 Pick, PPR Scoring
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 14-team PPR-scoring mock and I had the No. 12 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.12 - Jimmy Graham, TE, New Orleans Saints: For the first time in any of these mocks, I ended up with Graham instead of waiting until late to select a TE. With the other uncertainty at the position, I'm comfortable taking Graham anywhere after pick 10, especially in a PPR format.
- 2.03 - Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears: Through five NFL seasons, Forte has averaged 1,530 yards from scrimmage and 53 receptions per year.
- 3.12 - Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints: One of the league's most underrated fantasy receivers, Colston has averaged a stat line of 79/1098/8 over the past four years.
- 4.03 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: With game-breaking speed, Miller has been working out with Frank Gore this offseason and says he has "become more explosive." Gore said of Miller: "Lamar is probably the fastest [among Hurricanes' RBs]. He reminds me of Portis.”
- 5.12 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 6.03 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Cleared by the doctors, RG3 won't play in any preseason games but there is no doubt that he will be under center in Week 1.
- 7.12 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Entering a walk year, it's possible that the talented receiver stays out of trouble and puts together a big season.
- 8.03 - Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers: Lacy (and fellow rookie Johnathan Franklin) finally gives the Packers a powerful rushing attack.
- 9.12 - Zac Stacy, RB, St. Louis Rams: In my opinion, Stacy has as good of an opportunity to get the largest share of the workload among the Rams' backs and he's the last one off the board.
- 10.03 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: If Jake Locker can improve on his accuracy, Wright should take a big step forward in 2013.
- 11.12 - Michael Floyd, WR, Arizona Cardinals: Floyd closed the season well and should have an excellent opportunity for a breakout season with upgrades at quarterback and on the offensive line.
- 12.03 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: Tannehill provides depth and insurance in case Griffin III misses any time, but I expect Tannehill to have a breakout season.
- 13.12 - Malcom Floyd, WR, San Diego Chargers: My plan (not really) to build a monopoly in the "Floyd" wide receivers worked and Malcom adds to my WR depth.
- 14.03 - St. Louis Rams D/ST: No surprise it's a team defense in the second-to-last round.
- 15.12 - Steven Hauschka, K, Seattle Seahawks: Even less of a surprise, it's my kicker in the final round.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team, 2-QB league with the No. 7 pick .