Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/29/13): 12 Teams, No. 7 Pick, 2-QB League
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team 2-QB mock and I had the No. 7 pick. The league starts two quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.07 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I'm thrilled to land The Muscle Hamster here and some even have him ranked as their No. 1 overall player for 2013.
- 2.06 - Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions: As difficult as it was to pass on Trent Richardson here, there are 24 starting QBs in this format and eight of them are already off the board.
- 3.07 - Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons: Jones is one of the most talented young receivers in the league and had a stat line of 79/1198/10 in his sophomore campaign.
- 4.06 - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots: Depending on Gronk's health, this could turn out to be a steal ... or a bust.
- 5.07 - Darren Sproles, RB, New Orleans Saints: Often overlooked by fantasy owners in standard-scoring leagues, Sproles is a nice value as the 55th overall pick.
- 6.06 - Montee Ball, RB, Denver Broncos: Although John Fox has a history of using a committee in the backfield, Ball is the team's most talented back.
- 7.07 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: My goal was to get either Jay Cutler or Tannehill as my QB2. I have both of them ranked inside my top-15 QBs (unlike most) so I figured one would fall to me late. Cutler went before this pick so I wanted to make sure to land one of them.
- 8.06 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 9.07 - Bernard Pierce, RB, Baltimore Ravens: One of the league's top backup RBs, Pierce should get a larger share of the workload in 2013.
- 10.06 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: I'm as high (no pun intended) on Gordon as anybody, but it's only due to his two-game suspension that he's available this late. From Week 3 to 16, I expect Gordon to be a top-20 fantasy receiver.
- 11.07 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Entering a walk year, it's possible that the talented receiver stays out of trouble and puts together a big season.
- 12.06 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: Sanders should get a huge boost in targets with Mike Wallace now in South Beach.
- 13.07 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: In a 2-QB league, it's important to have at least three QBs and Manuel is one with upside late.
- 14.06 - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: With the status for Gronkowski in doubt for the start of the season, I wanted to select a quality TE2.
- 15.07 - St. Louis Rams D/ST: As usual, it's a team defense in the second-to-last round.
- 16.06 - Sebastian Janikowski, K, Oakland Raiders: As usual, it's a kicker in the last round.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team, standard-scoring league with the No. 11 pick .
|DraftKings is offering a $1,000 Week 1 Fantasy Football Free Roll: $1,000 in prizes, FREE entry|