Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/6/13): 10 Teams, No. 2 Pick, PPR League
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team point-per-reception (PPR) mock and I had the No. 2 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.02 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: Shocked that Calvin Johnson went first, but that is fine with me. All Day.
- 2.09 - Brandon Marshall, WR, Chicago Bears: Marshall set career highs across the board with 118 receptions for 1,508 yards and 11 touchdowns. The reception and yardage totals were franchise records as well.
- 3.02 - Darren Sproles, RB, New Orleans Saints: Only 11 players (and no RBs) have more receptions over the past two seasons than Sproles (161).
- 4.09 - Darren McFadden, RB, Oakland Raiders: Although he has missed 23 games in five years, McFadden could bounce back on a per-game basis as the team abandons the zone-blocking scheme in which he struggled last year.
- 5.02 - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots: The obvious concern with Gronkowksi is his five surgeries in nine months. When healthy, however, he has 39 TDs in 43 games.
- 6.09 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Despite turning 30 in May, Gore has had back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons.
- 7.02 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Sometimes it feels like I'm drafting against a computer; oh wait ...
- 8.09 - Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: If he can stay healthy, Garcon has plenty of upside.
- 9.02 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Like all other 10-team mocks, I prefer to wait as long as possible to get one of my top-12 fantasy quarterbacks and it's unlikely that RG3 will available this late next month.
- 10.09 - Tavon Austin, WR, St. Louis Rams: Austin is dangerous with the ball in his hands and the Rams will likely try to get it to him often.
- 11.02 - Miles Austin, WR, Dallas Cowboys: I guess I'm cornering the market on WRs named Austin. Austin Collie next?
- 12.09 - Mike Williams, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Williams had a bounce-back season with Vincent Jackson drawing most of the double coverage.
- 13.02 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: As my WR5, Moore is coming off his first-ever 1,000-yard season.
- 14.09 - St. Louis Rams D/ST: Almost always, I select the best defense available with my second-to-last pick.
- 15.02 - Matt Prater, K, Denver Broncos: Almost always, I select the best available kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team mock with the No. 8 pick and standard scoring.