Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/7/13): 12 Teams, No. 8 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team standard-scoring mock and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns: Slowed by injuries (knee/ribs) in his rookie season, T-Rich still managed to finish among top 11 RBs in fantasy points last year and should have a much better season in 2013.
- 2.05 - Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys: In his final 13 regular-season games, Bryant had 79 receptions for 1,218 yards and 12 touchdowns.
- 3.08 - Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: Perhaps a "half-step slower," Johnson had the third 100-catch, 1,500-yard season of his career last year. No WR has ever had more than three.
- 4.05 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: With Reggie Bush in Detroit, Miller will have the opportunity to be a featured back for the Dolphins.
- 5.08 - Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: Ivory will get his shot to be the guy as well for what should be a run-heavy Jets squad.
- 6.05 - Eric Decker, WR, Denver Broncos: With the addition of Wes Welker, Decker is unlikely to repeat last year's line of 85/1064/13, but he's a good value as my WR3.
- 7.08 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Depending on the continued accelerated rehabilitation of Griffin III's knee, he's unlikely to be available this late this time next month.
- 8.05 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Like RG3, Vereen is unlikely to be available this late in drafts in August.
- 9.08 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: If it weren't for his two-game suspension to start the year, Gordon would be a much earlier selection as well.
- 10.05 - Zac Stacy, RB, St. Louis Rams: Stacy has a decent shot to emerge as the best option among Rams' RBs, but I'm not counting on him as my RB5.
- 11.08 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: Jeffery provides some depth and is a good red-zone target.
- 12.05 - Justin Blackmon, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Like Gordon, Blackmon will serve a suspension to start the year, but he will outperform his draft slot once he returns.
- 13.08 - Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis Rams: With tremendous athleticism for the position to create mismatches, Cook could be poised for a breakout season.
- 14.05 - Denver Broncos D/ST: Almost always, I select the best defense available with my second-to-last pick.
- 15.08 - Greg Zuerlein, K, St. Louis Rams: Almost always, I select the best available kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 18-team mock with the No. 13 pick and uses point-per-reception (PPR) scoring.