Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (7/8/13): 18 Teams, No. 13 Pick, PPR Scoring
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Basketball:|
>> FanDuel's Fantasy NBA Freeroll: Free entry, valuable prizes to win.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 18-team PPR-scoring mock and I had the No. 13 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.13 - Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns: Once again, I end up with T-Rich, but I am surprised that he is still available with the 13th overall pick.
- 2.06 - Steven Jackson, RB, Atlanta Falcons: Considering Michael Turner had double-digit TDs in each of the five seasons before him, he's likely to score at least 10 times for the first time since 2006.
- 3.13 - Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers: Nelson should have a bounce-back season with Greg Jennings in Minnesota and Donald Driver retiring.
- 4.06 - Mike Wallace, WR, Miami Dolphins: 60 Minutes is coming off a down year, but he gets a new start with the Phins.
- 5.13 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: As good as it gets in the second half last year, Wilson will join forces with one of the league's most dynamic weapons, Percy Harvin, to continue the positive momentum.
- 6.06 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals: Recently the team's RBs coach said Bernard can be an "every-down player" and it could be sooner rather than later before he is one.
- 7.13 - Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers: With the Packers high-powered offense, Lacy should have plenty of goal-line opportunities.
- 8.06 - Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints: Speaking of high-powered offenses and goal-line opportunities ...
- 9.13 - Sidney Rice, WR, Seattle Seahawks: With the addition of Harvin, Rice is unlikely to exceed last year's production of 50/748/7 but he adds depth late.
- 10.06 - Fred Davis, TE, Washington Redskins: Davis was on pace for 742 yards before the injury last year and is a decent late-round selection at the position.
- 11.13 - Ryan Broyles, WR, Detroit Lions: Rehabbing from a second torn ACL in two years, Broyles has the potential to put up big numbers as Megatron's second fiddle in the pass-happiest of offenses.
- 12.06 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: I really like Manuel's upside as a dual-threat quarterback.
- 13.13 - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Indianapolis Colts: DHB is one of the fastest receivers in the league and is a solid WR5 in an 18-team league.
- 14.06 - Minnesota Viking D/ST: Typically, I draft my fantasy defense with my second-to-last pick.
- 15.13 - Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts: Typically, I draft my fantasy kicker with my last pick.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team 2-QB mock with the No. 11 pick .