Fantasy Football ADP Report (8/24/13): Weekly Change in Average Draft Position
Continuing our weekly average draft position (ADP) update through September 7th, I will compare and post the change in average draft position (ADP) from FantasyFootballCalculator.com.
While you can obtain the actual ADP of all players from their website, what I will post is how the ADP has changed from the previous week(s) based on 12-team standard-scoring mock drafts.
In some cases, the changes in ADP will be due to obvious factors such as injury as we see with the foot injury to Le'Veon Bell. Not only did Bell see his ADP deteriorate more than any other player, but Jonathan Dwyer saw his increase more than any other player.
A player's change in ADP from the previous week may not have much significance by itself. A few weeks of changes should reveal trends that a fantasy owner may be able to use when analyzing the collective psychology of fantasy football owners.
Comparing ADP from August 24th to August 17th, here are the players with the biggest jumps in ADP by position (overall ADP in parenthesis):
- QB: Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins: -10.0 (165.6 to 155.6)
- RB: * Jonathan Dwyer, Pittsburgh Steelers: ~-60.6 (Undrafted to 112.3)
- WR: (tie) T.Y. Hilton, Indianpolis Colts: -10.4 (71.7 to 61.3)
- (tie) Mohamed Sanu, Cincinnati Bengals: -10.4 (159.3 to 148.9)
- TE: Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns: -40.9 (128.2 to 87.3)
* Since Dwyer was undrafted in mocks as of 8/17, I used the lowest player for whom I had data as of 8/17: Mason Crosby (172.9) to arrive at his estimated increase of 60.6. It could be more — but no less of an improvement.
Comparing ADP from August 24th to August 17th, here are the players with the biggest drops in ADP by position:
- QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: +9.2 (127.2 to 136.4)
- RB: Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers: +40.5 (34.0 to 74.5)
- WR: Aaron Dobson, New England Patriots: +24.2 (111.8 to 136.0)
- TE: Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings +10.6 (92.3 to 102.9):
Over the past five weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs rise the most:
|Week 1 Fantasy Football Contests:|
- Golden Tate, WR, Seattle Seahawks: -70.7
- Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns: -57.9
- Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: -41.5
- Chris Givens, WR, St. Louis Rams: -38.6
- Ronnie Hillman, RB, Denver Broncos: -38.2
Over the past five weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs fall the most:
- Percy Harvin, WR, Seattle Seahawks: +102.7
- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers: +48.1
- Isaiah Pead, RB, St. Louis Rams: +36.3
- Johnathan Franklin, RB, Green Bay Packers: +35.2
- Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: +34.6
Practice your mock draft skills on our site with our free mock draft simulator.
Since tracking a weekly change in ADP, six players have seen their ADP improve for five consecutive weeks:
- QB: Matt Schaub, Houston Texans;
- RB: Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions; DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers;
- WR: Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Danny Amendola, New England Patriots; DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
On the other hand, 11 have seen their ADP deteriorate for five consecutive weeks:
- QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers; Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
- RB: Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers; Mikel Leshoure, Detroit Lions; Montee Ball, Denver Broncos; Isaiah Pead, St. Louis Rams; Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders; BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati Bengals;
- WR: Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings; Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks;
- TE: Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
For a sortable spreadsheet of all players, click here.