Fantasy Football ADP Report (8/3/13): Weekly Change in Average Draft Position
Continuing our weekly average draft position (ADP) update through September 7th, I will compare and post the change in average draft position (ADP) from FantasyFootballCalculator.com.
While you can obtain the actual ADP of all players from their website, what I will post is how the ADP has changed from the previous week(s) based on 12-team standard-scoring mock drafts.
In some cases, the changes in ADP will be due to obvious factors such as injury as we see with the hip injury that Percy Harvin sustained. Not only is Harvin the biggest faller in ADP over the past two weeks, but Golden Tate is the biggest riser during that span.
A player's change in ADP from the previous week may not have much significance by itself. A few weeks of changes should reveal trends that a fantasy owner may be able to use when trying to understand the collective psychology of fantasy football owners.
Comparing ADP from August 3rd to July 27th, here are the players with the biggest jumps in ADP by position (overall ADP in parenthesis):
- QB: Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals: -8.1 (143.0 to 134.9)
- RB: Ronnie Hillman, Denver Broncos: -29.1 (122.2 to 93.1)
- WR: Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks: -35.5 (158.5 to 123.0)
- TE: Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers: -16.6 (102.7 to 86.1)
Comparing ADP from August 3rd to July 27th, here are the players with the biggest drops in ADP by position:
- QB: Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks: +6.9 (77.9 to 84.8)
- RB: Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers: +17.7 (88.6 to 106.3)
- WR: Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks: +71.3 (36.6 to 107.9)
- TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions: +3.4 (151.8 to 155.2)
Over the past two weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs rise the most:
- 1. Golden Tate, WR, Seattle Seahawks: -40.7
- 2. Ronnie Hillman, RB, Denver Broncos: -38.1
- 3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Carolina Panthers: -23.0
- 4. Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers: -18.1
- 5. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Indianapolis Colts: -16.8
Over the past two weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs fall the most:
- 1. Percy Harvin, WR, Seattle Seahawks: +74.9
- 2. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers: +20.3
- 3. Zac Stacy, RB, St. Louis Rams: +12.8
- 4. Isaiah Pead, RB, St. Louis Rams: +9.7
- 5. Chris Givens, WR, St. Louis Rams: +8.8
Practice your mock draft skills on our site with our free mock draft simulator.
For a sortable spreadsheet of all players, click here.