Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/1/13): 16 Teams, No. 6 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 16-team standard-scoring mock and I had the No. 6 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.06 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Could Spiller be the next 2,000-yard rusher? That's something the team's website wonders.
- 2.11 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Since it's a deeper league, I passed on the injury-prone Darren McFadden and went with a more reliable Gore.
- 3.06 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Miller is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball.
- 4.11 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Bell has been described as a "three-down back" by offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
- 5.06 - Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: If he stays healthy, Garcon should have a big season in his second year in our nation's capital.
- 6.11 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Possessing enormous physical gifts, Gordon is also suspended for the first two games and has a suspect work ethic.
- 7.06 - Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants: With better health (hopefully) from Hakeem Nicks, Manning should have a bounce-back year in 2013.
- 8.11 - Sidney Rice, WR, Seattle Seahawks: With Percy Harvin having hip surgery, that opens the door for Rice provided he's not making frequent trips to Switzerland.
- 9.06 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: A big-bodied receiver, Jeffery has some upside as my WR4.
- 10.11 - Rueben Randle, WR, New York Giants: Randle has generated quite a bit of buzz this offseason and in camp.
- 11.06 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: An athletic and strong-armed quarterback, Tannehill has improved weapons in the passing game and should take a big step forward in his second season.
- 12.11 - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: Gresham is a solid value this late.
- 13.06 - Atlanta Falcons D/ST
- 14.11 - Randy Bullock, K, Houston Texans
- 15.06 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: My plan was to use this pick on Harvin as my WR6 and hope that he returned down the stretch. Instead, Housler has a ton of upside as athletic tight end.
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team, PPR-scoring league with the No. 1 pick .
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|