Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/13/13): 12 Teams, No. 10 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team standard-scoring scoring mock and I had the No. 10 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.10 - LeSean McCoy, RB, Philadelphia Eagles: With the 10th overall pick, I knew that I will get either Calvin Johnson or one of my top nine RBs. I'd have been comfortable with any of those here.
- 2.03 - Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys: I recently moved Bryant (back) up to No. 2 behind Megatron in my fantasy rankings and he should pick up from where he left off in last year's breakout season.
- 3.10 - Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans: A year older (who isn't?) and perhaps a half-step slower, Johnson had his third 1,500-yard season over the past five years. No NFL player has more. Ever.
- 4.03 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: What's better than a two-down back? Yes, a three-down back, which is what Todd Haley has called Bell.
- 5.10 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: A breakout season is upcoming for Vereen, who will be used all over the formation for the Patriots.
- 6.03 - Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: I really like the value of Ivory as an RB4. The Jets will use a ground-and-pound approach and Ivory has huge upside here provided he stays healthy.
- 7.10 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: In his final eight games as a rookie, Wilson had a 16-to-2 touchdown-to-interception ratio (20 TDs if you count his rushing scores) and averaged 9.03 yards per pass attempt and 6.2 yards per rush attempt.
- 8.03 - Mike Williams, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: While I have Josh Gordon ranked higher, I should be able to get him a round or two later.
- 9.10 - Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints: Like Ivory (5.11 YPC), Thomas is one of 12 active RBs to average at least 4.75 yards per carry in career (min.: 250 carries).
- 10.03 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Gordon has been a fixture on many of these drafts. He has enormous upside once he returns from suspension.
- 11.10 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: If Jake Locker can improve on his accuracy, Wright should take a big step forward in 2013.
- 12.03 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: A big red-zone target, Jeffery could score 8-10 touchdowns this year provided he stays healthy and things go well.
- 13.10 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: Called a big wide receiver by Bruce Arians, Housler has the potential to have a breakout season this year and is one of my typical late-round TE targets.
- 14.03 - Cincinnati Bengals D/ST
- 15.10 - Greg Zuerlein, K, St. Louis Rams
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 10-team 2-QB league with the No. 7 pick .
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|