Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/14/13): 10 Teams, No. 7 Pick, 2-QB Mock
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team two-QB league and I had the No. 7 pick. The league starts two quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.07 - Arian Foster, RB, Houston Texans: Despite concerns about heavy workload and ailments in camp, Foster has 5,702 YFS and 47 TDs, both of which are league highs, over the past three years.
- 2.04 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Could Spiller be the next 2,000-yard rusher? That's something the team's website wonders.
- 3.07 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Thrilled with two top-four fantasy RBs (based on my rankings), it's time to try to get two top-12 QBs.
- 4.04 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: With the breakout of Dez Bryant and trustworthy Jason Witten as targets, Romo should have another stellar season.
- 5.07 - Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: Could Cobb finish with 100 receptions in Year 3? His quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, thinks that's a strong possibility.
- 6.04 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Miller is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball and is a bargain in the sixth round.
- 7.07 - Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: If he stays healthy, Garcon should have a big season in his second year in our nation's capital.
- 8.04 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 9.07 - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Cincinnati Bengals: Not crazy about The Law Firm, but he's an excellent RB5.
- 10.04 - Daryl Richardson, RB, St. Louis Rams: And D-Rich might be an even better value as my RB6.
- 11.07 - Greg Jennings, WR, Minnesota Vikings: Waiting on Gordon (see next pick), Jennings is likely to be drafted first even though I have Gordon ranked higher.
- 12.04 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: From Week 3 to 17 (after he serves his suspension), I still projected a 1,000-yard season for Gordon.
- 13.07 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: If it weren't for concerns about protection, Tannehill would be more of a sure thing to take the big step forward in 2013. I still think it happens, but I'd be more confident about it with Jake Long at left tackle.
- 14.04 - Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns: As a late-round pick, Cameron offers a win/win for fantasy owners: excellent athleticism for the position and an offensive scheme that maximizes the position's value.
- 15.07 - St. Louis Rams D/ST
- 16.04 - Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 16-team point-per-reception (PPR) league with the No. 5 pick .