Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/20/13): 12 Teams, No. 8 Pick, PPR Scoring with Super Flex
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team with point-per-reception (PPR) scoring and QB-eligible flex and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one super flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Spiller had a breakout season last year with more than 1,700 yards from scrimmage and a 6.0 yards-per-carry average. In 2013, the team's website thinks Spiller has a shot to rush for 2,000 yards in the team's new up-tempo offense.
- 2.05 - Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore Ravens: Especially considering the losses of the team's top pass-catchers, Rice should be even more involved as a receiver out of the backfield.
- 3.08 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: With the breakout of Dez Bryant and trustworthy Jason Witten as targets, Romo should have another stellar season. In a league with the potential to start two QBs, the position's value is increased.
- 4.05 - Roddy White, WR, Atlant Falcons: One of the league's most consistent and durable wide receivers, White has never missed an NFL game and has averaged 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 5.08 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and a great offensive line even if he turned 30 years old this year.
- 6.05 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Miller is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball and is a bargain at pick 6.05.
- 7.08 - Mike Wallace, WR, Miami Dolphins: Wallace is one of the league's best deep threats and Ryan Tannehill throws the ball down the field well.
- 8.05 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: When he returns from suspension, Gordon should thrive in the team's vertical passing attack.
- 9.08 - DeSean Jackson, WR, Philadelphia Eagles: With the loss of Jeremy Maclin to a torn ACL, DJax will have an opportunity for a big season provided he can stay healthy.
- 10.05 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: The biggest concern for Tannehill is how well the team will be able to protect him, but otherwise he should make significant strides in his second season.
- 11.08 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore had his first-ever 1,000-yard season last year and is an excellent value here.
- 12.05 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: A breakout candidate, Housler has the athleticism to create mismatches and Carson Palmer loves to target his tight end.
- 13.08 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: Even though he recently had a "minor" knee procedure, it won't be long before Manuel is the team's starter and he has plenty of upside as a sleeper.
- 14.05 - Arizona Cardinals D/ST
- 15.08 - Dan Bailey, K, Dallas Cowboys
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 14-team standard-scoring league with the No. 2 pick .