Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/2/13): 12 Teams, No. 1 Pick, PPR Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring mock and I had the No. 1 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.01 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: Coming off a torn ACL and finishing with a sports hernia, he rushed for more than 2,000 yards and was named league MVP. Maybe 2,500 yards isn't so crazy after all.
- 2.12 - Chris Johnson, RB, Tennessee Titans: Along with Peterson, CJ2K is the only other active 2,000-yard rusher. While those days seem so long ago, the Titans have bolstered their interior offensive line, which has been a huge weakness.
- 3.01 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: One of the league's most consistent and durable wide receivers, White has never missed an NFL game and has averaged 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 4.12 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Miller is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball.
- 5.01 - Eric Decker, WR, Denver Broncos: Decker broke out last year with 85 receptions for 1,064 yards and 13 touchdowns, but the addition of Wes Welker should mean fewer targets in 2013.
- 6.12 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Described as a "three-down back" by Todd Haley, he rides the bench with my star-studded stable of backs.
- 7.01 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season, especially in PPR formats, and at least one of our rankers thinks Vereen outperforms Stevan Ridley this year.
- 8.12 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: Losing Percy Harvin for much of the season hurts, but Wilson was as good as any fantasy QB in the second half last year without him.
- 9.01 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Even though he's suspended for two games and his work ethic has been questioned, he also has enormous upside for Weeks 3 to 16.
- 10.12 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Entering a walk year, it's possible that the talented receiver stays out of trouble and puts together a big season.
- 11.01 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore is coming off his first-ever 1,000-yard season and is a (more than) solid WR5.
- 12.12 - Johnathan Franklin, RB, Green Bay Packers: Although the team drafted Eddie Lacy in the second round, Franklin will also have a prominent role in the team's revamped running game.
- 13.01 - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: Although I've had a number of recent mocks taking Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski early, I typically wait until the third-from-last round to select my tight end.
- 14.12 - New York Giants D/ST
- 15.01 - Matt Bryant, K, Atlanta Falcons
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
[Mobile users: Use this link to conduct your mock drafts.]
Tomorrow I will do a 14-team, standard-scoring league with the No. 9 pick .
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|