Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/22/13): 14 Teams, No. 2 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 14-team with standard scoring and I had the No. 2 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.02 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Muscle Hamster finished second in the league in yards from scrimmage as a rookie and some have Martin as their top player overall.
- 2.13 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Gore is coming off back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and has one of the league's best offensive lines opening his holes.
- 3.02 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: One of the league's most consistent and durable wide receivers, White has never missed an NFL game and has averaged 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 4.13 - Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore Ravens: With Anquan Boldin in San Francisco and Dennis Pitta on IR, the Ravens will rely more heavily on Smith in the passing game.
- 5.02 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season, and at least one of our rankers thinks Vereen outperforms Stevan Ridley this year.
- 6.13 - Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys: The last of my top 12 QBs still on the board, Romo should have another stellar season with one of the league's best receivers (Dez Bryant) and tight ends (Jason Witten).
- 7.02 - Daryl Richardson, RB, St. Louis Rams: Named the Rams starting running back for the regular season, D-Rich is a nice value here as my RB4.
- 8.13 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: From Week 3 to 17 (after he serves his suspension), I still projected a 1,000-yard season for Gordon.
- 9.02 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Providing his knee(s) cooperate, Britt has the talent and motivation to have a monster season as he enters a contract year.
- 10.13 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: With better health in year two, Jeffery has the potential to be a bargain here.
- 11.02 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: A breakout candidate, Housler has the athleticism to create mismatches and Carson Palmer loves to target his tight end.
- 12.13 - Greg Little, WR, Cleveland Browns: Little provides some more depth to my wide receiving corps.
- 13.02 - Cincinnati Bengals D/ST
- 14.13 - Mike Tolbert, RB, Carolina Panthers: I figured I could take my defense a round earlier than usual and still get Tolbert, who is on my sleeper list, a round later.
- 15.02 - Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 10-team 2-QB league with the No. 3 pick .