Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/23/13): 10 Teams, No. 3 Pick, 2-QB League
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team, 2-QB league and I had the No. 3 pick. The league starts two quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.03 - Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Muscle Hamster finished second in the league in yards from scrimmage as a rookie and some have Martin as their top player overall.
- 2.08 - Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns: Provided he stays healthy, he could get 300-plus carries this season. As a rookie, he was the only back with double-digit rushing TDs and 50-plus receptions.
- 3.03 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: In his final eight games as a rookie, Wilson had a 16-to-2 touchdown-to-interception ratio (20 TDs if you count his rushing scores) and averaged 9.03 yards per pass attempt and 6.2 yards per rush attempt.
- 4.08 - Reggie Bush, RB, Detroit Lions: Bush had five catches for 103 yards in last night's preseason game and he will be a beast in PPR formats. He is still a value at this spot in standard-scoring leagues as well.
- 5.03 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: White has never missed a regular-season game and has been remarkably consistent — average of 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 6.08 - Dwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City Chiefs: After a disappointing season in 2012, Bowe's situation improves with a new head coach and quarterback.
- 7.03 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season, and at least one of our rankers thinks Vereen outperforms Stevan Ridley this year.
- 8.08 - Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore Ravens: With Anquan Boldin in San Francisco and Dennis Pitta likely out for the year, the Ravens will rely more heavily on Smith in the passing game.
- 9.03 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 10.08 - Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns: Two things that go well together: Cameron's excellent athleticism for the position and an offensive scheme that maximizes the position's value.
- 11.03 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Although he's suspended for two games and some question his work ethic, his upside in the team's vertical passing attack has landed him on many of my teams in these mocks. Gordon gives me five WRs inside my top-20 WR rankings.
- 12.08 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: My QB2 is a little weaker than I'd like for a 2-QB league, but Tannehill (and my next QB) have upside.
- 13.03 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: Recovering from a "minor" knee procedure, Manuel should start sooner rather than later. He is one of the 10 players on my list of sleepers.
- 14.08 - Michael Floyd, WR, Arizona Cardinals: Floyd closed the season well and should have an excellent opportunity for a breakout season with upgrades at quarterback and on the offensive line.
- 15.03 - Chicago Bears D/ST
- 16.08 - Dan Bailey, K, Dallas Cowboys
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 16-team standard-scoring league with the No. 4 pick.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|