Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/24/13): 16 Teams, No. 4 Pick, Standard Scoring
FanDuel Daily Fantasy Basketball:|
>> FanDuel's Fantasy NBA Freeroll for Monday's games: Nothing to lose, something to win.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 16-team standard-scoring league and I had the No. 4 pick. The league starts one quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.04 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: After a breakout season (1700+ YFS and 6.0 YPC), could Spiller rush for 2,000 yards for an encore? The team's website thinks it's a possibility.
- 2.13 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and a great offensive line even if he turned 30 years old this year.
- 3.04 - Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints: Colston has averaged a stat line of 79/1098/8 over the past four years.
- 4.13 - Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers: Depending on the health of his knee, Nelson may have a bounce-back season. That said, I'd likely select someone else here if I had to do this mock over.
- 5.04 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season as the team uses him to create mismatches all over the field.
- 6.13 - Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts: One of the best young QBs in the league, Luck has a new offensive coordinator, sort of, as Pep Hamilton comes from Stanford.
- 7.04 - Bernard Pierce, RB, Baltimore Ravens: While Ray Rice will still be the team's featured back, Pierce will get an even larger share of the workload than he had last year.
- 8.13 - Michael Floyd, WR, Arizona Cardinals: Floyd closed the season well and should have an excellent opportunity for a breakout season with upgrades at quarterback and on the offensive line.
- 9.04 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: A big red-zone target, Jeffery, who is on my sleeper list, could score 8-10 touchdowns this year provided he stays healthy and things go well.
- 10.13 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: If Jake Locker can improve on his accuracy, Wright, who came into camp in better shape, should take a big step forward in 2013.
- 11.04 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: The first tight end selected in the draft, Eifert has better long-term value in dynasty leagues than re-draft formats, but he is a nice value here.
- 12.13 - Stepfan Taylor, RB, Arizona Cardinals: Taylor gives me some RB depth late.
- 13.04 - EJ Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: Recovering from a "minor" knee procedure, Manuel should start sooner rather than later.
- 14.13 - New York Giants D/ST
- 15.04 - David Akers, K, Detroit Lions
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team PPR-scoring league with the No. 8 pick.