Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/25/13): 12 Teams, No. 8 Pick, PPR Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring league and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts one quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore Ravens: Especially in PPR formats, Rice will be an absolute stud this season as the Ravens lack few viable weapons in the passing game aside from Rice and Torrey Smith.
- 2.05 - Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears: In PPR formats, Rice and Forte are both in my top-six fantasy RBs and Forte should set a career high in receptions in Marc Trestman's offense.
- 3.08 - Victor Cruz, WR, New York Giants: Although I have Marques Colston ranked one spot higher, I was hoping to land both WRs and figured I'd have a better chance of getting Colston with the next pick. Nope.
- 4.05 - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots: If Gronk returns in Week 3, as some reports suggest, (and then stay healthy, which is perhaps a bigger risk), he'd be a huge value here. He has 39 TDs in 43 career games!
- 5.08 - David Wilson, RB, New York Giants: Wilson is (and will remain) the team's featured back (provided he's solid in pass protection and ball security). Nice value as my RB3.
- 6.05 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 7.08 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season, especially in PPR formats, as the team uses him to create mismatches all over the field.
- 8.05 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Entering a contract year, Britt has the talent and motivation to have a monster season as long as his knee holds up.
- 9.08 - Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts: The last of my top-12 QBs on the board, Luck is an excellent value and another example of why waiting on a QB is the only real way to go.
- 10.05 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: From Week 3 to 17 (after he serves his suspension), I still projected a 1,000-yard season for Gordon.
- 11.08 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore had his first-ever 1,000-yard season last year and is an excellent value here.
- 12.05 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: I expect Jeffery, who is on my list of sleepers, to break out this year if he stays healthy for a full season.
- 13.08 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: A breakout candidate himself, Housler has the athleticism to create mismatches and Carson Palmer loves to target his tight end and is a solid fill-in while Gronk is out.
- 14.05 - St. Louis Rams D/ST
- 15.08 - Garrett Hartley, K, New Orleans Saints
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team standard-scoring league with the No. 1 pick.