Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/26/13): 12 Teams, No. 1 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team standard-scoring league and I had the No. 1 pick. The league starts one quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.01 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: With the first pick, I take my top-ranked player. Duh ...
- 2.12 - Steven Jackson, RB, Atlanta Falcons: Jackson leads all active running backs in carries, but he has his best shot at double-digit TDs since 2006 (as this near-unanimous poll indicates).
- 3.01 - Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons: It's not too often that Jones makes it out of the second round so I'm thrilled that he's available here.
- 4.12 - David Wilson, RB, New York Giants: Wilson is (and will remain) the team's featured back (provided he's solid in pass protection and ball security). Tremendous value as my RB3.
- 5.01 - Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers: Depending on the health of his knee (although he has already returned to practice), Nelson may have a bounce-back season.
- 6.12 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season as the team uses him to create mismatches all over the field.
- 7.01 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 8.12 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Although he's suspended for two games and some question his work ethic, his upside in the team's vertical passing attack has landed him on many of my teams in these mocks.
- 9.01 - Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts: One of the best young QBs in the league, Luck set the single-season passing record for rookie QBs and is a great value this late.
- 10.12 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Entering a contract year, Britt has the talent and motivation to have a monster season.
- 11.01 - Martellus Bennett, TE, Chicago Bears: Bennett set career highs (55-626-5) with the Giants last season and should be even better in Chicago.
- 12.12 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: I expect Jeffery, who is on my list of sleepers, to break out this year if he stays healthy for a full season.
- 13.01 - Justin Blackmon, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Although he's suspended for the first four games, he gives me a potential top-20 receiver from Week 5 through the end of the season ... in the 13th round.
- 14.12 - New York Giants D/ST
- 15.01 - Justin Tucker, K, Baltimore Ravens
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team standard-scoring league with the No. 1 pick.