Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/29/13): 10 Teams, No. 6 Pick, 2-QB League
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team 2-QB league and I had the No. 6 pick. The league starts two quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.06 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: After a breakout season (1700+ YFS and 6.0 YPC), could Spiller rush for 2,000 yards for an encore? The team's website thinks it's a possibility.
- 2.05 - Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns: Last year, he was the only back with double-digit rushing TDs and 50-plus receptions. Provided he stays healthy, he could get 300-plus carries this season.
- 3.06 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Griffin III has had a remarkable, "superhuman" recovery from a torn ACL and will be under center Week 1 and he has top-three upside.
- 4.05 - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos: Even with the presence of Wes Welker, Thomas should have another strong season following his breakout (94/1434/10) last year.
- 5.06 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: A nice value here, Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and a great offensive line to pave the way for another even if he has recently turned 30 years old.
- 6.05 - Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys: One of Tony Romo's favorite targets, Witten set the single-season record for receptions last year and has at least 942 receiving yards in each of the past six seasons.
- 7.06 - Darren Sproles, RB, New Orleans Saints: Even in standard-scoring scoring formats, Sproles is a nice value here ...
- 8.05 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: ... and so is Vereen, who should have a breakout season.
- 9.06 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 10.05 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: From Week 3 to 17 (after he serves his suspension), I still projected a 1,000-yard season for Gordon.
- 11.06 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: My QB2 is a little weaker than I'd like for a 2-QB league, but Tannehill (and my QB3) have upside.
- 12.05 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: Providing his knee(s) cooperate, Britt has the talent and motivation to have a monster season as he enters a contract year.
- 13.06 - E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills: Even though he recently had a "minor" knee procedure, it won't be long before Manuel is the team's starter and he has plenty of upside as a sleeper.
- 14.05 - Michael Floyd, WR, Arizona Cardinals: Floyd closed the season well and should have an excellent opportunity for a breakout season with an upgrade at quarterback.
- 15.06 - St. Louis Rams D/ST
- 16.05 - Sebastian Janikowski, K, Oakland Raiders
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 20-team standard-scoring league with the No. 7 pick.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|