Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/3/13): 14 Teams, No. 9 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 14-team standard-scoring mock and I had the No. 9 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.09 - C.J. Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills: Could Spiller be the next 2,000-yard rusher? That's something the team's website wonders.
- 2.06 - Stevan Ridley, RB, New England Patriots: Especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Patriots' pass catchers, Ridley should get another heavy workload in 2013.
- 3.09 - Victor Cruz, WR, New York Giants: Agreeing to a long-term extension this offseason, Cruz ranks fifth in the NFL in receiving yards (2,628) over the past two seasons.
- 4.06 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers: Offensive coordinator Todd Haley has described Bell as a three-down back.
- 5.09 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 6.06 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Cleared by the doctors, RG3 won't play in any preseason games but there is no doubt that he will be under center in Week 1 and he has top-three upside.
- 7.09 - Mark Ingram, RB, New Orleans Saints: Slowed by injuries over his first two seasons, Ingram enters his third season healthier than he's ever been as a pro.
- 8.06 - Bernard Pierce, RB, Baltimore Ravens: One of the league's top backup RBs, Pierce should get a larger share of the workload in 2013.
- 9.09 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: If Jake Locker can improve on his accuracy, Wright should take a big step forward in 2013.
- 10.06 - Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: Sanders should get a huge boost in targets with Mike Wallace now in South Beach.
- 11.09 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: A big red-zone target, Jeffery could score 8-10 touchdowns this year provided he stays healthy and things go well.
- 12.06 - Jay Cutler, QB, Chicago Bears: In a 12-team league, I would have definitely drafted only one QB. Not that a 14-teamer is particularly deep, but Cutler is my 14th-ranked QB and gives me a second QB1 in this format.
- 13.09 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: OC Jay Gruden has said of the rookie: "He’s just one of those guys that when he makes a play, you kind of look around and see if anybody else saw what he just did. He’s running routes and catching the ball. He’s very natural at what he does. He can beat man coverage no problem. He can beat zones. He’s got a great feel for the game.”
- 14.06 - Baltimore Ravens D/ST
- 15.09 - Steven Hauschka, K, Seattle Seahawks
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 10-team, 2-QB league with the No. pick .