Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (8/9/13): 10 Teams, No. 3 Pick, PPR Scoring with Super Flex
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team point-per-reception (PPR) mock with a super flex and I had the No. 3 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one super flex (QB/RB/WR/TE), one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.03 - Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings: With Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees going first and second, respectively, I get my top-ranked player at pick No. 3.
- 2.08 - Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears: Forte has the potential for a ton of YFS and receptions in a Marc Trestman offense.
- 3.03 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers: With the extra value of QBs in this league, there were already eight QBs off the board by this point.
- 4.08 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons: One of the league's most consistent and durable wide receivers, White has never missed an NFL game and has averaged 102/1,345/8 over the past three seasons.
- 5.03 - Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants: With better health (hopefully) from Hakeem Nicks, Manning should have a bounce-back year in 2013 and will be my flex option in this league.
- 6.08 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: Miller is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball and is a bargain at pick 6.08.
- 7.03 - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers: Speaking of bargains, Gore has back-to-back 1,200-yard seasons and a great offensive line even if he turned 30 years old this year.
- 8.08 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 9.03 - Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore Ravens: With Anquan Boldin in San Francisco and Dennis Pitta on IR, the Ravens will rely more heavily on Smith in the passing game.
- 10.08 - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Cincinnati Bengals: While I prefer Giovani Bernard, who went a couple of rounds earlier, The Law Firm is a solid RB5 even in PPR formats.
- 11.03 - Josh Gordon, WR, Cleveland Browns: Although he's suspended for two games and some question his work ethic, his upside has landed him on many of my teams in these mocks.
- 12.08 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore had his first-ever 1,000-yard season last year and is an excellent value this late.
- 13.03 - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: Gresham was my top-ranked tight end still available at this spot.
- 14.08 - St. Louis Rams D/ST
- 15.03 - Matt Prater, K, Denver Broncos
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 16-team standard-scoring mock with the No. 14 pick .