Fantasy Football ADP Report (8/31/13): Weekly Change in Average Draft Position
Continuing our weekly average draft position (ADP) update through September 7th, I will compare and post the change in average draft position (ADP) from FantasyFootballCalculator.com.
While you can obtain the actual ADP of all players from their website, what I will post is how the ADP has changed from the previous week(s) based on 12-team standard-scoring mock drafts.
A player's change in ADP from the previous week may not have much significance by itself. A few weeks of changes should reveal trends that a fantasy owner may be able to use when analyzing the collective psychology of fantasy football owners.
Comparing ADP from August 31st to August 24th, here are the players with the biggest jumps in ADP by position (overall ADP in parenthesis):
- QB: Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears: -3.9 (129.8 to 125.9)
- RB: Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos: -36.0 (148.9 to 112.9)
- WR: Kenbrell Thompkins, New England Patriots: -25.1 (102.4 to 77.3)
- TE: Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams: -13.5 (113.3 to 99.8)
Comparing ADP from August 31st to August 24th, here are the players with the biggest drops in ADP by position:
- QB: Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals: +3.2 (116.7 to 119.9)
- RB: Ronnie Hillman, Denver Broncos: +17.9 (93.0 to 110.9)
- WR: Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders: +13.3 (130.8 to 144.1)
- TE: Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings +8.0 (102.9 to 110.9):
Over the past six weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs rise the most:
- * Kenbrell Thompkins, WR, New England Patriots: ~-96.4
- Golden Tate, WR, Seattle Seahawks: -71.3
- Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Free agent: -59.2
- Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns: -58.9
- * Zach Sudfeld, TE, New England Patriots: ~-54.6
* Since Thompkins and Sudfeld were undrafted (on average) six weeks ago, they have moved up from an ADP exceeding 173.7 (that of Randy Bullock and the latest ADP tracked on July 20th).
Over the past six weeks, here are the five players that have seen their ADPs fall the most:
- Percy Harvin, WR, Seattle Seahawks: +106.6
- Dennis Pitta, TE, Baltimore Ravens: +92.5
- * Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers: ~+85.8
- * Mikel Leshoure, RB, Detroit Lions: ~+57.3
- * Johnathan Franklin, RB, Green Bay Packers: ~+56.9
* Since Stewart, Leshoure and Franklin were undrafted (on average) this week, they have moved down from their ADP on July 20th to at least 171.8, which is the ADP of Mason Crosby.
Practice your mock draft skills on our site with our free mock draft simulator.
For a sortable spreadsheet of all players, click here.