Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (9/1/13): 20 Teams, No. 7 Pick, Standard Scoring
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 10-team 2-QB league and I had the No. 6 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.07 - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks: Lynch has back-to-back seasons with 1,200-plus rushing yards and double-digit TDs.
- 2.14 - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: The most talented of the team's running backs, Miller should have an opportunity for a breakout season.
- 3.07 - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots: Gronkowski begins the season on the active roster, but he's unlikely to be active for the first couple games of the season. That said, he has 39 touchdowns in the past three years.
- 4.14 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins: Griffin III has had a remarkable, "superhuman" recovery from a torn ACL and will be under center Week 1 and he has top-three upside.
- 5.07 - Greg Jennings, WR, Minnesota Vikings: In a 20-teamer, there has to be a sacrifice somewhere and for me it's at wide receiver. While I'd prefer a better WR1, there is plenty of depth at the position.
- 6.14 - Pierre Thomas, RB, New Orleans Saints: Thomas is one of 12 active RBs to average at least 4.75 yards per carry in career (min.: 250 carries).
- 7.07 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: A big red-zone target, Jeffery could score 8-10 touchdowns this year provided he stays healthy and things go well.
- 8.14 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: If Jake Locker can improve on his accuracy, Wright, who came into camp in better shape, should take a big step forward in 2013.
- 9.07 - Malcom Floyd, WR, San Diego Chargers: Although he has back-to-back seasons with 800-plus yards, Floyd has played in more than 14 games only once in his career (2009). Although he is recovering from a knee injury, he should be ready to go in Week 1.
- 10.14 - Rod Streater, WR, Oakland Raiders: In a 20-team league, Streater is a solid WR4, has good size, speed, route-running ability and will play in an offense that will often play from behind.
- 11.07 - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins: The biggest concern for Tannehill is how well the team will be able to protect him, but otherwise he should make significant strides in his second season.
- 12.14 - Alex Green, RB, New York Jets: Released by the Packers and claimed by the Jets, Green joins Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson and Bilal Powell in the Jets' backfield.
- 13.07 - Cleveland Browns D/ST
- 14.14 - Delanie Walker, TE, Tennessee Titans: Walker gives me a healthy tight end for the few weeks until Gronk is ready to start.
- 15.07 - Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts:
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 12-team point-per-reception (PPR) scoring league with the No. 8 pick.