Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (9/2/13): 12 Teams, No. 8 Pick, PPR Scoring
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Last preseason, we conducted one fantasy football mock draft per day using a mock draft simulator powered by FantasyPros.
Having begun our 2013 series of drafts on June 1st, we will continue to post our draft results and comments up until the start of the 2013 season on September 5th.
We will track all of the mocks here on this centralized page.
Like last year, I will vary the size of the league, the scoring format and draft slot and then post the results of my team with comments.
For today's mock, it is a 12-team point-per-reception league and I had the No. 8 pick. The league starts one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one flex, one kicker and one team defense.
Here are my picks:
- 1.08 - Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore Ravens: Without Anquan Boldin (traded to SF) and Dennis Pitta (hip injury), the Ravens will likely rely on Rice even more in the passing game.
- 2.05 - Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons: One of the league's most gifted young receivers, Jones set career highs of 79 receptions, 1,198 yards and 10 touchdowns in his second season.
- 3.08 - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Entering a contract year, Pocket Hercules is healthy again and two years removed from leading the NFL in rushing.
- 4.05 - Marques Colston, WR, New Orleans Saints: Colston has averaged a stat line of 79/1098/8 over the past four years.
- 5.08 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shorts had a breakout season last year and only missed his first 1,000-yard season due to injury. Provided he stays healthy, 2013 should be even better.
- 6.05 - Shane Vereen, RB, New England Patriots: Vereen will have an opportunity for a monster season, especially in PPR formats, as the team uses him to create mismatches all over the field.
- 7.08 - Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: In his final eight games as a rookie, Wilson had a 16-to-2 touchdown-to-interception ratio (20 TDs if you count his rushing scores) and averaged 9.03 yards per pass attempt and 6.2 yards per rush attempt.
- 8.05 - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Indianapolis Colts: If healthy, Bradshaw is a great fit in Pep Hamilton's offense and is a nice value in the eighth round.
- 9.08 - Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans: My concerns are his knee and quarterback's inaccuracy, but Britt has the WR1 talents and should be extremely motivated as he plays for his next contract.
- 10.05 - Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: Moore is coming off his first-ever 1,000-yard season, but he is really the team's fourth option behind Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston and Darren Sproles.
- 11.08 - Golden Tate, WR, Seattle Seahawks: As my WR6, Tate won't be in starting lineup most weeks, but he is my highest-ranked Seahawks receiver and a nice value here.
- 12.05 - Justin Blackmon, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars: If loading up on Jaguars isn't the way to a fantasy championship, then I don't know what is. That said, I do think MJD, Shorts and Blackmon here are all solid values.
- 13.08 - Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals: If this were a real fake team (as opposed to a fake fake team), I may have passed on Housler (high-ankle sprain) since his status is up in the air for Week 1.
- 14.05 - Baltimore Ravens D/ST
- 15.08 - Garrett Hartley, K, New Orleans Saints
- For all picks in the mock draft, click here.
Tomorrow I will do a 14-team standard-scoring league with the No. 9 pick.