Week 6 Fantasy Football Rankings: Updated Top 25 Quarterbacks
Coming off the torn ACL he suffered in the playoffs, Washington's Robert Griffin III has not had the same kind of fantasy success this season as he has had last season.
Through four games, RG3 has a total of 67 fantasy points, which puts him on pace for 268 on the year. Even though a missed a game (and half of another), he finished last season sixth overall among QBs with 304 fantasy points.
As he works himself back from the injury, Griffin III is averaging 300.5 passing yards per game, which is ninth in the NFL, but he has only six touchdowns and four interceptions.
Even worse from a fantasy perspective, he has only 72 rushing yards through four games. He had at least 72 rushing yards in six games last year.
The good news is he's coming off a bye as he faces the league's friendliest fantasy defense for quarterbacks so far this season.
The Cowboys have allowed three 400-yard passers in five games. Of the 13 400-yard games allowed this season in the NFL, the Cowboys are the only team to have allowed more than one.
Romo's matchup almost as favorable on SNF
If it weren't for a late interception, only his second in five games, the focus would be solely on Tony Romo's 506-yard, five-TD passing performance against the Broncos.
Only four other quarterbacks in NFL history have thrown for 500-plus yards and five-plus touchdowns in an NFL game.
On the season, Romo has the league's second-highest passer rating (114.3) behind only Peyton Manning (136.4). In addition, Romo is averaging 304.6 yards per game and has a 13:2 touchdown-to-interception ratio through five games.
We should get a chance to see plenty of offensive output on Sunday Night Football. Only three teams have allowed more fantasy points to opposing QBs this season than the Redskins, who also allowed Aaron Rodgers to throw for 480 yards in Week 2.
* Enter DraftStreet's Week 6 $1,000 Freeroll: FREE entry and $1,000 in prizes.
Shootout on MNF?
Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is throwing the ball much less than he did last season. Luck is averaging only 31.2 pass attempts per game after throwing it 39.2 times per game last year.
Through five weeks, however, he is still the seventh in fantasy points among quarterbacks in part to his rushing stats. He has rushed 20 times for 135 yards and he is one of three quarterbacks to rush for two touchdowns.
Luck and Colts head west for Monday Night Football to face the Chargers, who have a fantasy-friendly defense. So far this season, only the Cowboys have allowed more fantasy points to opposing QBs.
Meanwhile, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has thrown for 400-plus yards in three of his five games this season. Oddly enough, he has less than 200 yards in his other two games.
Here are some more notes on quarterbacks:
- As a nearly four-TD 'dog against the Broncos, Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne is a nice sleeper pick (and value in daily fantasy leagues using a salary cap) as the Jaguars will likely trail big and early. No team has allowed more passing yards this season than the Broncos (347.0 yards per game allowed).
- Seattle's Russell Wilson leads all quarterback in rush attempts (40) this season and is currently second among his peers in rushing yards (233). Although he has six touchdowns in his past three games, Wilson has thrown for 210 passing yards or less in four consecutive games.
- San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick threw for a career-high 412 yards in Week 1 against the Packers and then has thrown for less than 170 yards in four consecutive games.
- With E.J. Manuel out with a knee injury, the Bills will start Thaddeus Lewis against the Bengals. The Bengals have not allowed a 300-yard passer since September ... of 2012.
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees threw for less than 300 yards for the first time this season last week against the Bears. The Patriots have allowed the third-fewest fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season although they have not exactly faced a who's who of quarterbacks so far.
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady saw his streak of consecutive games with a touchdown pass end at 52 games last week against the Bengals. Brady, who has only one 300-yard passing game this season, scored single-digit fantasy points for the first time this year last week.
- Among quarterbacks still to play this week, none have thrown the ball more than Rams quarterback Sam Bradford (216 attempts). In his past two games, however, Bradford has barely completed half of his pass attempts (38 of 75, 50.7 percent).
- Despite throwing a pick-six in four consecutive games, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub will get the start this week against the Rams. The Rams have allowed at least two passing touchdowns in all five games played this year.
Here are my Week 6 fantasy football quarterback rankings:
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (vs. JAX)
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (at NE)
3. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (vs. WAS)
4. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (at BAL)
5. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (at SD)
6. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (at DAL)
7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at MIN)
8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (vs. NO)
9. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (vs. IND)
10. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (vs. TEN)
11. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (vs. ARI)
12. Matthew Stafford, Detriot Lions (at CLE)
13. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. OAK)
14. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (vs. GB)
15. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars (at DEN)
16. Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders (at KC)
17. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans (vs. STL)
18. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (at NYJ)
19. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (at BUF)
20. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams (at HOU)
21. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns (vs. DET)
22. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (at TB)
23. Geno Smith, New York Jets (vs. PIT)
24. Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. PHI)
25. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals (at SF)
26. Matt Cassel, Minnesota Vikings (vs. CAR)
27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tennessee Titans (at SEA)
28. Thaddeus Lewis, Buffalo Bills (vs. CIN)
More Week 6 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 6 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 6 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 6 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 6 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|