Week 7 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 25 Quarterbacks
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Going into the 2013 season, there were few quarterbacks that had a more talented wide receiver duo than Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan had.
Battling a high-ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason, White had only 14 receptions for 129 yards through Week 5.
While White struggled, Jones picked up the slack. No wide receiver had more receiving yards than Jones (580) through Week 5 and only Saints tight end Jimmy Graham had more (593).
Unfortunately for Ryan and the Falcons, however, Jones suffered a season-ending foot injury in the team's Monday Night Football loss to the Jets in Week 5. To make matters worse, White left that game with a hamstring injury and he will miss a regular-season game for the first time in his NFL career on Sunday.
Without Jones, the Falcons won't be able to afford a lingering hamstring injury for White so rest seems like the best option long(ish) term. That said, that leaves Harry Douglas as the team's No. 1 option at receiver in Week 7.
Newton Coming Off His Best Game of the Year
Last season, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton got off to a slow start, but he delivered for fantasy owners down the stretch. After posting a 6:8 TD-to-INT ratio in his first eight games in 2012, he finished the season with a 13:4 TD-to-INT ratio in the second half.
Although we are a few games from the midway point of the season, Newton was the top-scoring fantasy quarterback in Week 6 after getting off to a relatively slow start this season.
Newton completed 20 of his 26 pass attempts for three touchdowns and ran for another against the Vikings last week.
Over his past three games, Newton has been up and down as he has scored four touchdowns, no touchdowns (with three interceptions) and four touchdowns, respectively, during that stretch.
As he looks to put together two strong performances in a row, Newton will face the Rams, who have not allowed a 300-yard passer in four games. That said, they still rank in the bottom half of the league in passing yards per game allowed (258.2) and have allowed 11 passing touchdowns so far this season.
Foles to get another start with Vick nursing hamstring injury
Although he hasn't yet been officially ruled out, there is little chance that Michael Vick takes any snaps on Sunday against the Cowboys.
Getting the start against the Bucs last week, Eagles QB Nick Foles scored more fantasy points at the position than any quarterback not named Cam in Week 6.
So far this season, Foles has posted a 6:0 TD-to-INT ratio and even has a rushing touchdown. In addition, he has completed 67.9 percent of his pass attempts for an average of 8.89 yards per throw.
The good times should keep on rolling for Foles as he gets to face the Cowboys, who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season. In fact, they have allowed a 400-yard passer in three of their six games.
Here are some notes on quarterbacks:
- Through six weeks, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is tied for sixth among QBs in fantasy points scored this season and he has scored 20-plus fantasy points in back-to-back weeks. Cutler has thrown multiple touchdowns in all but one week and has posted a 12:6 TD-to-INT ratio so far this season.
- 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick ended a four-game stretch of games with less than 200 passing yards by throwing for 252 yards against the Cardinals on Sunday. For Kaep to try to build some momentum, he will have to do so against the Titans, who have allowed the fourth-fewest fantasy points to opposing QBs this season. In addition, the Titans have not allowed any passing touchdowns in their past two games.
- With 337 yards and three touchdowns last week, Cincinnati's Andy Dalton scored the third-most fantasy points at quarterback last week. Before that, however, he scored a total of only 13 points in his previous two games with an average of 209 yards per game, no touchdowns and two interceptions. The Lions have yet to allow a quarterback score 20 fantasy points this season.
- Despite a favorable matchup, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo threw for a season-low 170 yards against the Redskins last week after his franchise-record 506 yards the previous week. The Eagles have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks so Romo will have another favorable matchup to bounce back after last week's dud.
- Aside from his game-winning touchdown to Kenbrell Thompkins last week, New England's Tom Brady has no other touchdown in the past two games. Fortunately for Brady and his fantasy owners, however, tight end Rob Gronkowski, who has 39 TDs in 43 career games, will make his season debut on Sunday.
- Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is still on an incredible record-setting pace for 5,811 yards and 59 touchdowns. As he returns to the place where he won, um, only one Super Bowl, Manning will look to put up some "Star Wars numbers" against his former team.
* Play Daily Fantasy Football and get a 100-percent deposit bonus from DraftKings.
Here are my Week 7 fantasy football quarterback rankings:
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (at IND)
2. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (at PHI)
3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (vs. CLE)
4. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (vs. STL)
5. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (vs. DEN)
6. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (at JAX)
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (at NYJ)
8. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. DAL)
9. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (at WAS)
10. Matthew Stafford, Detriot Lions (vs. CIN)
11. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (vs. CHI)
12. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. MIN)
13. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (vs. TB)
14. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (at TEN)
15. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins (vs. BUF)
16. Brandon Weeden, Cleveland Browns (at GB)
17. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. BAL)
18. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (at DET)
19. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams (at CAR)
20. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. SD)
21. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. HOU)
22. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at PIT)
23. Josh Freeman, Minnesota Vikings (at NYG)
24. Geno Smith, New York Jets (vs. NE)
25. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans (vs. SF)
26. Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at ATL)
27. Thaddeus Lewis, Buffalo Bills (at MIA)
28. Case Keenum, Houston Texans (at KC)
29. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tennessee Titans (vs. SF)
More Week 7 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 7 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 7 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 7 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 7 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis: