Week 8 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 70 Wide Receivers
No team has allowed more fantasy points or touchdowns to wide receivers this season than the Philadelphia Eagles.
Can the Giants receivers exploit that matchup?
In the first four games of the season, Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz had three 100-yard games and scored a total of four touchdowns. Since then, however, he has had neither.
Over the past three weeks, Cruz has had a mediocre 14 receptions for 166 yards and no touchdowns.
Even though he is averaging a career-high 17.4 yards per reception, teammate Hakeem Nicks has yet to score a touchdown this season. In fact, he has only three touchdowns in his 20 games over the past two seasons.
On the other hand, Rueben Randle, the team's No. 3 receiver, has scored in each of the team's past three games and has a total of four touchdowns (on his 12 receptions) during that span.
Denarius: 20/356/3 over past four games
Partly due to playing for Oakland and partly due to the Raiders having their bye, few have been talking about how productive Denarius Moore has been lately.
In his previous four games, Moore has scored a touchdown and finished with double-digit fantasy points three times. In all four of those games, he has had at least 66 receiving yards.
During that four-game stretch, Moore has 20 receptions for 356 yards and three touchdowns. Only five other receivers had more receiving yards during that period.
Moore and the Raiders receivers have a difficult matchup this week against the Steelers, who have allowed the fourth-fewest passing yards this season.
Green: The other other No. 1?
With the matchup between the Cowboys and Lions and comments by Dez Bryant twisted this week, there was some Dez-versus-Megatron discussion about which one is the league's best receiver.
While they are both great, so is Cincinnati's A.J. Green, who has been unstoppable himself in his past couple of games.
Green now has back-to-back weeks with six receptions and 100-plus yards and a touchdown.
In addition, no receiver has scored more fantasy points this season through Week 7 than Green.
Nelson, Boykin in store for big games
Although he did catch a touchdown pass, things should be much better for Nelson this week.
In six games this season, Nelson has had at least eight fantasy points in every game and has a stat line of 32 receptions for 526 yards and five touchdowns so far. That puts Nelson on pace for a stat line of 85/1,403/13.
The Vikings have allowed the 10th-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers this season.
Here are some notes on wide receivers:
- For the first week this season, Broncos slot receiver Wes Welker failed to score a touchdown on Sunday Night against the Colts. That said, he finished with seven receptions for a season-high 96 yards. Meanwhile, teammates Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas did score touchdowns. All three Broncos receivers rank in the top 10 in fantasy points at receiver this season and have a great matchup this week against the Redskins, who have allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to receivers.
- In his past two games, Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson has a total of 19 receptions for 152 yards and four touchdowns. The Panthers have allowed the fifth-fewest fantasy points to opposing receivers, but VJax has 36 targets in the past two weeks including 22 last week.
- Steelers receiver Antonio Brown had six receptions for a season-low 50 yards, but he is still on pace for 125 receptions and 1,461 yards.
- After leading the NFL in receiving yards from Week 3, when he returned from his suspension, to Week 6, Browns second-year receiver Josh Gordon had only two receptions for 21 yards. With Jason Campbell taking over as starter and having to face the Chiefs secondary, this may not be the week to expect a bounce-back performance from Gordon.
- Cowboys rookie Terrance Williams has been one of the most productive wide receivers over the past four weeks. During that stretch, he has 19 receptions for 320 yards and has scored a touchdown in his past three games.
- The good news is that Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe had a season-high 66 yards last week against the Texans. The bad news is that 66 yards is his season high. The worst news is that Bowe has another tough matchup this week against Cleveland's Haden.
- Jets receiver Jeremy Kerley is coming off season highs of eight receptions for 97 yards with a touchdown and has double-digit fantasy points in two of his past three games. With Santonio Holmes doubtful for Week 8, Kerley should be a solid flex option in a week with six teams on bye.
* Play Daily Fantasy Football and get a 100-percent deposit bonus from DraftKings.
Here are my Week 8 fantasy football wide receiver rankings (standard scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Detriot Lions (vs. DAL)
2. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (at DET)
3. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. NYJ)
4. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (at MIN)
5. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos (vs. WAS)
6. Victor Cruz, New York Giants (at PHI)
7. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos (vs. WAS)
8. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NYG)
9. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. CAR)
10. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers (at OAK)
11. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos (vs. WAS)
12. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins (at DEN)
13. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals (vs. ATL)
14. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants (at PHI)
15. Justin Blackmon, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. SF)
16. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers (at TB)
17. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns (at KC)
18. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (vs. BUF)
19. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers (at JAX)
20. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins (at NE)
21. Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers (at MIN)
22. Cecil Shorts, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. SF)
23. Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons (at ARI)
24. Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders (vs. PIT)
25. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals (vs. ATL)
26. Rueben Randle, New York Giants (at PHI)
27. Terrance Williams, Dallas Cowboys (at DET)
28. Jeremy Kerley, New York Jets (vs. CIN)
29. Steve Johnson, Buffalo Bills (at NO)
30. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (at NE)
31. Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings (vs. GB)
32. Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks (at STL)
33. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots (vs. MIA)
34. Emmanuel Sanders, Pittsburgh Steelers (at OAK)
35. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots (vs. MIA)
36. Stephen Hill, New York Jets (vs. CIN)
37. Mike Williams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. CAR)
38. Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills (at NO)
39. Kris Durham, Detriot Lions (vs. DAL)
40. Kenbrell Thompkins, New England Patriots (vs. MIA)
41. Brandon LaFell, Carolina Panthers (at TB)
42. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. CLE)
43. Brandon Gibson, Miami Dolphins (at NE)
44. Jerome Simpson, Minnesota Vikings (vs. GB)
45. Ted Ginn Jr., Carolina Panthers (at TB)
46. Cole Beasley, Dallas Cowboys (at DET)
47. Lance Moore, New Orleans Saints (vs. BUF)
48. Aaron Dobson, New England Patriots (vs. MIA)
49. Sidney Rice, Seattle Seahawks (at STL)
50. Donnie Avery, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. CLE)
51. Austin Pettis, St. Louis Rams (vs. SEA)
52. Leonard Hankerson, Washington Redskins (at DEN)
53. Doug Baldwin, Seattle Seahawks (at STL)
54. Tavon Austin, St. Louis Rams (vs. SEA)
55. Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NYG)
56. Chris Givens, St. Louis Rams (vs. SEA)
57. Jason Avant, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NYG)
58. Jerricho Cotchery, Pittsburgh Steelers (at OAK)
59. Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders (vs. PIT)
60. Kenny Stills, New Orleans Saints (vs. BUF)
61. Percy Harvin, Seattle Seahawks (at STL)
62. Marvin Jones, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. NYJ)
63. Greg Little, Cleveland Browns (at KC)
64. Santana Moss, Washington Redskins (at DEN)
65. David Nelson, New York Jets (vs. CIN)
66. Davone Bess, Cleveland Browns (at KC)
67. Mike Brown, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. SF)
68. Mohamed Sanu, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. NYJ)
69. Andre Roberts, Arizona Cardinals (vs. ATL)
70. Brian Quick, St. Louis Rams (vs. SEA)
For my Week 8 point-per-reception (PPR) wide receiver rankings, click here.
More Week 8 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 8 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Week 8 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 8 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 8 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|