Week 10 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 25 Quarterbacks
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Since throwing for more than 400 yards in Week 1, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has thrown for less than 200 yards in six of seven games.
No quarterback has more starts with less than 200 passing yards and only Titans QB Jake Locker (four) has more than half as many.
In his past two games, Kaepernick has thrown for a total of 363 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions. In those two games, Kaepernick has nearly as many rush attempts (18) as he has completions (23). On the 18 carries, he has 122 yards and three touchdowns.
Based on his rushing stats, he has had two of his top three fantasy performances in the past two weeks.
This week, Kaepernick and the 49ers face the Panthers, who have allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
The Panthers have allowed only one 300-yard passer (Russell Wilson in Week 1) and no quarterback has thrown more than one touchdown against them this season.
Cam is on a roll
In his past four games, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has been a much more productive fantasy (and real-world) quarterback than he was in the first four games of the season.
During the team's four-game winning streak, Newton has completed 72.3 percent of his pass attempts for 8.18 yards per attempt. He also has a seven-to-two TD-to-INT ratio and has rushed for a touchdown in three of those four games.
In his first four games this year, he completed just 57.5 percent of his attempts for 6.97 YPA and posted a 6:5 TD-to-INT ratio.
The 49ers have allowed the seventh-fewest fantasy points this season.
Another tough matchup for Matty Ice
Through his first six games of the season, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan threw 13 touchdowns and only three interceptions.
In his past two games without Julio Jones, however, Ryan has thrown just two touchdowns and seven interceptions.
Unfortunately for Ryan and his fantasy owners, it doesn't get any easier in Week 10 when the Falcons host the Seahawks.
The only team to allow fewer passing yards than the Seahawks this season is the Texans and the only team to allow fewer fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks is Carolina. In addition, the Seahawks are tied with the Broncos for most passes intercepted (13) yet have allowed only nine passing touchdowns.
* Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are some notes on quarterbacks:
- Titans quarterback Jake Locker had a disappointing performance in Week 9, but he gets a favorable matchup against the Jaguars to bounce back. Only the Cowboys and Raiders have allowed more fantasy points this season.
- Speaking of the Raiders, Eagles quarterback Nick Foles tied the NFL record with seven touchdown passes and threw for a career-high 406 yards against them on Sunday. Foles now has a 13:0 TD-to-INT ratio this season.
- Cowboys Tony Romo has the third-most fantasy points among quarterbacks this season and he has five touchdowns in his past two games combined. That said, the Saints defense is significantly improved and allowing the third-fewest fantasy points among quarterbacks.
- On the other hand, the Cowboys pass defense has been anything but stingy. With seven games left to go, no team has allowed more 400-yard passing games in a season. Any season. Saints QB Drew Brees should have his way with the Cowboys defense as he has thrown for 300-plus yards in six of eight games and multiple TDs in seven of eight games. In addition, he is on pace for his third consecutive 5,000-yard and 40-touchdown season.
- Through half of the season, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is on pace for a record 5,838 yards and 58 touchdowns. Although the Chargers have allowed the seventh-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season, they have not allowed a passing touchdown in three consecutive games.
- Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder has averaged just 190.5 passing yards and has only one passing score since starting again over the past two weeks. Furthermore, he has thrown twice as many interceptions (six) as touchdowns (three) on the season. On a positive note, however, Ponder has rushed for four touchdowns in his past three games.
Here are my Week 10 fantasy quarterback rankings:
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (at SD)
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (vs. DAL)
3. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (at CHI)
4. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (vs. DEN)
5. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (at SF)
6. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (at MIN)
7. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
8. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (vs. STL)
9. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (at GB)
10. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (at NO)
11. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. OAK)
12. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (vs. CAR)
13. Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans (vs. JAX)
14. Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders (at NYG)
15. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. BUF)
16. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (vs. DET)
17. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (at BAL)
18. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins (at TB)
19. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (vs. SEA)
20. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (vs. CIN)
21. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings (vs. WAS)
22. E.J. Manuel, Buffalo Bills (at PIT)
23. Case Keenum, Houston Texans (at ARI)
24. Seneca Wallace, Green Bay Packers (vs. PHI)
25. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals (vs. HOU)
26. Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. MIA)
27. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars (at TEN)
28. Kellen Clemens, St. Louis Rams (at IND)
29. Josh McCown, Chicago Bears (vs. DET)
More Week 10 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 10 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 10 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 10 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 10 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis: