Week 10 Fantasy Football Rankings: Updated Top 60 Running Backs
Daily Fantasy Sports:|
>> Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100% bonus (up to $600) on your initial deposit.
Since the team's bye in Week 4, Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy has been a workhorse back.
In those five games, he has a total of 119 carries and 545 rushing yards, both of which lead the NFL during that span, and he has a minimum of 22 carries in all those games.
With his heavy workload, he has finished with at least 100 yards from scrimmage in four consecutive games and he has scored a touchdown in three consecutive games.
As they wait for the return of their franchise quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who fractured his collarbone on Monday night, Lacy won't necessarily see his workload increase in the next few weeks. That said, he should continue to get 20-plus carries for the remainder of the season.
Stacy: Double-digit fantasy points in three straight games
Rams rookie Zac Stacy has been nearly as productive as Lacy since Week 5. In fact, the only player with more rushing yards during that span is Lacy.
In his past five games since becoming the team's starter, Stacy has rushed 102 times for 471 yards and two touchdowns, both of which he scored last week. Additionally, he has 13 receptions for 91 yards and a touchdown during that stretch.
As solid as he was in his first few games as a starter, his workload and production has increased significantly in the past two games without Sam Bradford.
Against the Seahawks and Titans, Stacy has had more than 25 carries and 125 yards in back-to-back games. Last week, Stacy had a career-high 178 yards from scrimmage and 33 touches (27 carries and six receptions).
While Stacy does not have a great matchup this week against the Colts, who have allowed the sixth-fewest fantasy points to opposing running backs, he has been way too productive to keep out of your starting lineup.
* Open an account with DraftKings and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Ellington broke out before bye, expanded workload ahead
Before the team's bye last week, Cardinals rookie running back Andre Ellington had his best performance as a pro.
Facing the Falcons in Week 8 and with Rashard Mendenhall inactive, Ellington got his first-ever start and rushed 15 times for 154 yards, both of which were career highs, and a touchdown. He added two receptions for eight yards.
On the season, Ellington (7.74 yards per carry) has been much more productive than Mendenhall (3.05 YPC) on a per-touch basis.
Before Week 8, however, the Cardinals were limiting Ellington's touches as he had no more than seven carries or 12 total touches in any game.
Even though Mendenhall will get the start on Sunday when he returns to action, Ellington could still see an increase in his touches as coach Bruce Arians expects Ellington to get around 20 touches.
Rice & Pierce: The not-so-dynamic duo
Not only has Pierce not had the breakout season many expected, but Rice has underwhelmed through the first half of the season.
Several first-round running backs have been disappointments so far this season including Buffalo's C.J. Spiller and (now) Indianapolis' Trent Richardson, but Rice has arguably been the biggest disappointment among first-round backs.
Rice has rushed for 45 yards or less in all but one game this season. When he had his season-high 74 rushing yards against the Dolphins, he needed 27 carries (2.74 YPC) to generate that output. In fact, he has averaged more than 3.0 yards per carry only once and that was 3.40 YPC vs. the Bills in Week 4.
In seven games played, Rice has 97 carries for 259 yards (2.67 YPC) and three touchdowns and 27 receptions for 135 yards. Teammate Bernard Pierce has 85 carries for 230 yards on the season with only a slighly higher YPC (2.71).
The Ravens face the Bengals this week and while their division-leading rivals lost defensive tackle Geno Atkins for the season, they have allowed the fifth-fewest fantasy points to opposing running backs this season.
Here are my Week 10 fantasy running back rankings (standard scoring):
1. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears (vs. DET)
2. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
3. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles (at GB)
4. Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers (vs. PHI)
5. Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions (at CHI)
6. Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos (at SD)
7. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans (vs. JAX)
8. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers (vs. CAR)
9. Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams (at IND)
10. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys (at NO)
11. Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. BUF)
12. C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills (at PIT)
13. Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills (at PIT)
14. Mike James, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. MIA)
15. Danny Woodhead, San Diego Chargers (vs. DEN)
16. Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals (vs. HOU)
17. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals (at BAL)
18. Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins (at TB)
19. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars (at TEN)
20. Ben Tate, Houston Texans (at ARI)
21. Steven Jackson, Atlanta Falcons (vs. SEA)
22. Pierre Thomas, New Orleans Saints (vs. DAL)
23. Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers (vs. DEN)
24. Rashad Jennings, Oakland Raiders (at NYG)
25. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens (vs. CIN)
26. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts (vs. STL)
27. Andre Brown, New York Giants (vs. OAK)
28. Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints (vs. DAL)
29. Donald Brown, Indianapolis Colts (vs. STL)
30. Shonn Greene, Tennessee Titans (vs. JAX)
31. Rashard Mendenhall, Arizona Cardinals (vs. HOU)
32. DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers (at SF)
33. Mike Tolbert, Carolina Panthers (at SF)
34. Peyton Hillis, New York Giants (vs. OAK)
35. Joique Bell, Detroit Lions (at CHI)
36. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati Bengals (at BAL)
37. Jacquizz Rodgers, Atlanta Falcons (vs. SEA)
38. James Starks, Green Bay Packers (vs. PHI)
39. Montee Ball, Denver Broncos (at SD)
40. Daniel Thomas, Miami Dolphins (at TB)
41. Dennis Johnson, Houston Texans (at ARI)
42. Brian Leonard, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. MIA)
43. Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers (at SF)
44. Bryce Brown, Philadelphia Eagles (at GB)
45. Bernard Pierce, Baltimore Ravens (vs. CIN)
46. Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49ers (vs. CAR)
47. Robert Turbin, Seattle Seahawks (at ATL)
48. Marcel Reece, Oakland Raiders (at NYG)
49. Michael Bush, Chicago Bears (vs. DET)
50. Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints (vs. DAL)
51. Tashard Choice, Buffalo Bills (at PIT)
52. Felix Jones, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. BUF)
53. C.J. Anderson, Denver Broncos (at SD)
54. Joseph Randle, Dallas Cowboys (at NO)
55. Daryl Richardson, St. Louis Rams (at IND)
56. Jonathan Dwyer, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. BUF)
57. Denard Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars (at TEN)
58. Lance Dunbar, Dallas Cowboys (at NO)
59. Stepfan Taylor, Arizona Cardinals (vs. HOU)
60. Ronnie Brown, San Diego Chargers (vs. DEN)
Note: Vikings and Redskins running backs have been removed from these rankings.
More Week 10 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 10 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Week 10 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 10 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 10 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis: