Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 60 Wide Receivers
Once again, the Broncos will appear on Sunday Night Football except this time it will be on the road in Foxborough in what should be Wes Welker's opportunity to face his former team.
Welker left Sunday's game with a concussion, but early signs are that he will be ready to go against the Patriots.
Although Welker has yet to reach 100 receiving yards in a game this season (and he has 13 100-yard games in the past two seasons combined), he is having one of his best seasons from a fantasy perspective.
With the exception of Calvin Johnson, no other wide receiver has more receiving touchdowns than Welker, who is also tied with teammate Demaryius Thomas. That said, Welker has only one touchdown in his past four games.
On the other hand, Thomas has been dominant in the past four games.
During that span, DT has 23 receptions for 386 yards and five touchdowns. Not only does he have 100-plus yards in back-to-back games, but he has double-digit fantasy points in each of the past four games.
Through 10 games, he is still on pace to set new career highs of 96 receptions, 1,462 yards and 14 touchdowns after last year's stat line of (his current career highs) 94/1,434/10.
Colston in store for another solid week?
In what has been a generally disappointing season so far, Saints receiver Marques Colston has had solid games in back-to-back weeks.
If you split the 16-game season into quarters, Colston had 21 receptions for 298 yards and a touchdown in his first four games of the season. Even with just one touchdown, it was an excellent start for Colston.
In the next "quarter" of the season, Colston missed a game with a knee injury and had less than 20 receiving yards and just one fantasy point in each of the other three games.
Since then, however, Colston has back-to-back games with at least 80 yards and a total of 12 receptions for 187 yards and a touchdown in those two games.
Unfortunately for Colston and his fantasy owners, he has back-to-back tough games against the Seahawks and Panthers on the horizon. Both teams rank among the four stingiest fantasy defenses to opposing wide receivers this season.
Fortunately for those not looking beyond this week, however, he has a very favorable matchup in Week 12 against the Falcons, who have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers this season.
Brown vs. Haden
Not only does Brown currently lead the NFL in receptions (74), but he's already set his career high in the category. In addition, he's averaging 95.2 yards per game, which exceeds his previous career high of 69.3 YPG by a wide margin, and has five touchdowns, which ties his career high.
Brown has been consistent with at least five receptions and 50 yards every week this year, but he's been really good over the past three weeks.
During that span, Brown has three of his four games with double-digit fantasy points on the season. In his past three games, he has a total of 18 receptions for 322 yards and three touchddowns.
Things could get tougher for Brown this week, though.
After five consecutive 100-yard games, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green was limited to just two receptions for seven yards by Browns cornerback Joe Haden, who also had two "receptions." This week, it will be Steelers receiver Antonio Brown's turn to go against Haden.
While I certainly would not advocate benching Brown considering how well he is playing this season, it's more than possible that he has one of his worst outings of the season with such a tough matchup this week.
Gordon on pace for 70/1,314/7 in 14G
In his eight games since returning from suspension, Browns receiver Josh Gordon has four 100-yard games in his eight games played.
Last week against the Bengals, Gordon had five receptions for 125 yards and a touchdown last week.
Despite having a 100-yard game in half of his outings, Gordon has yet to have 100-plus yards in back-to-back games this season.
Even though he can play no more than 14 games this season, Gordon is on pace for 70 receptions for 1,314 yards and seven touchdowns.
The Steelers have allowed the 11th-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers this season.
* If you like doubling your money, open a DraftKings account and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are my Week 12 fantasy wide receiver rankings (standard scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (vs. TB)
2. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (at NYG)
3. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans (at OAK)
4. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (at STL)
5. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at DET)
6. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos (at NE)
7. Victor Cruz, New York Giants (vs. DAL)
8. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns (vs. PIT)
9. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (vs. MIN)
10. Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears (at STL)
11. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins (vs. SF)
12. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos (at NE)
13. T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts (at ARI)
14. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers (at CLE)
15. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos (at NE)
16. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (at ATL)
17. Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens (vs. NYJ)
18. Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans (at OAK)
19. Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers (at KC)
20. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals (vs. IND)
21. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots (vs. DEN)
22. Cecil Shorts, Jacksonville Jaguars (at HOU)
23. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants (vs. DAL)
24. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers (at MIA)
25. Aaron Dobson, New England Patriots (vs. DEN)
26. Rueben Randle, New York Giants (vs. DAL)
27. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals (vs. IND)
28. Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons (vs. NO)
29. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons (vs. NO)
30. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers (at WAS)
31. James Jones, Green Bay Packers (vs. MIN)
32. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. SD)
33. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins (vs. CAR)
34. Rishard Matthews, Miami Dolphins (vs. CAR)
35. DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans (at OAK)
36. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (vs. CAR)
37. Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers (vs. MIN)
38. Brandon LaFell, Carolina Panthers (at MIA)
39. Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders (vs. TEN)
40. Jerricho Cotchery, Pittsburgh Steelers (at CLE)
41. Terrance Williams, Dallas Cowboys (at NYG)
42. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys (at NYG)
43. Nate Burleson, Detroit Lions (vs. TB)
44. Santonio Holmes, New York Jets (at BAL)
45. Kenny Stills, New Orleans Saints (at ATL)
46. Lance Moore, New Orleans Saints (at ATL)
47. Emmanuel Sanders, Pittsburgh Steelers (at CLE)
48. Mike Brown, Jacksonville Jaguars (at HOU)
49. Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders (vs. TEN)
50. Aldrick Robinson, Washington Redskins (vs. SF)
51. Tavon Austin, St. Louis Rams (vs. CHI)
52. Eddie Royal, San Diego Chargers (at KC)
53. Dexter McCluster, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. SD)
54. Kris Durham, Detroit Lions (vs. TB)
55. Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings (at GB)
56. Chris Givens, St. Louis Rams (vs. CHI)
57. Tiquan Underwood, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at DET)
58. Nate Washington, Tennessee Titans (at OAK)
59. Marlon Brown, Baltimore Ravens (vs. NYJ)
60. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers (at WAS)
More Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 12 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 12 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|