Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings: Updated Top 30 Tight Ends
If you haven't been paying attention to his performance(s) recently, you may not have noticed that he's been one of the most productive fantasy tight ends in the past month.
Even better, there is a good chance that he is available on your league's waiver wire as he's currently owned in only 38 percent of Yahoo! leagues.
The tight end to whom I'm referring is Tennessee's Delanie Walker, who has double-digit fantasy points in three of his past four games.
Last week against the Colts, Walker set season highs with 10 receptions for 91 yards and scored a touchdown.
Looking forward, Walker has a plus matchup this weekend against the Raiders, who allowed Houston's Garrett Graham to finish as the top-scoring tight end in Week 11 with 136 yards and a score. The Raiders have allowed 17 or more fantasy points to opposing tight ends in two of their past three games.
Orange Julius: A league-high 8 games with a TD
Broncos tight end Julius Thomas was drafted late by many this preseason for his upside and fantasy owners have been rewarded big times.
Even with the strong seasons by the Broncos' trio of receivers, Thomas has had a monster season of his own with 45 receptions for 590 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Just as impressive as his total of 10 scores is the fact that Thomas has scored in eight of his 10 games.
As you would expect, Thomas leads the league in games with a touchdown and three players are tied for second with seven: Detroit's Calvin Johnson, Kansas City's Jamaal Charles and Thomas' teammate Wes Welker. Tight ends Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis are tied for second among tight ends with six such games.
The only concern with Thomas this week is the fact that he sustained a knee strain in last week's game, was very limited when he did practice and is considered a game-time decision for Sunday night.
Back-to-back duds for Cameron
Through 10 games, Browns tight end Jordan Cameron has shattered his previous career highs with 56 receptions for 629 yards and six touchdowns.
In his first eight games of the season, Cameron had at least 55 yards in seven of those eight games.
Over the past couple of games, however, Cameron had one catch for four yards and six catches for 29 yards, respectively, which are his two lowest yardage totals of the season.
Considering his ability to create mismatches, Cameron should still be in your starting lineup, but it's obviously discouraging to see little production in back-to-back weeks.
This week, Cameron and the Browns face the Steelers, who have allowed the 10th-fewest fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season. That said, they have allowed tight ends to haul in 21 receptions for 256 yards and two touchdowns over their past three games.
* If you like doubling your money, open a DraftKings account and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are my Week 12 fantasy tight end rankings (standard scoring):
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots (vs. DEN)
2. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers (at WAS)
3. Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos (at NE)
4. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys (at NYG)
5. Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns (vs. PIT)
6. Delanie Walker, Tennessee Titans (at OAK)
7. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts (at ARI)
8. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers (at KC)
9. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers (at MIA)
10. Garrett Graham, Houston Texans (at OAK)
11. Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers (at CLE)
12. Charles Clay, Miami Dolphins (vs. CAR)
13. John Carlson, Minnesota Vikings (at GB)
14. Rob Housler, Arizona Cardinals (vs. IND)
15. Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears (at STL)
16. Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers (at KC)
17. Tim Wright, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at DET)
18. Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams (vs. CHI)
19. Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions (vs. TB)
20. Mychal Rivera, Oakland Raiders (vs. TEN)
21. Jeff Cumberland, New York Jets (at BAL)
22. Brandon Bostick, Green Bay Packers (vs. MIN)
23. Kellen Winslow, New York Jets (at BAL)
24. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins (vs. SF)
25. Anthony Fasano, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. SD)
26. Logan Paulsen, Washington Redskins (vs. SF)
27. Joseph Fauria, Detroit Lions (vs. TB)
28. Dallas Clark, Baltimore Ravens (vs. NYJ)
29. Brandon Myers, New York Giants (vs. DAL)
30. Zach Sudfeld, New York Jets (at BAL)
* Note: Saints and Falcons TEs have been removed from these rankings.
More Week 12 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 12 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 12 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
Week 12 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|