Week 13 Fantasy Football Rankings: Updated Top 50 Running Backs
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson set season highs with 32 carries for 146 yards and a touchdown last week against the Packers.
It was his fourth 100-yard game and third with at least 140 rushing yards on the season.
With at least 14 fantasy points in four of his past five games, Peterson has scored five of his 10 rushing touchdowns this season during that span.
This week, Peterson gets a rematch versus the Bears, against whom he had exactly 100 rushing yards on 26 carries in Week 2. It may be much easier for him to rack up the yardage this time around against a Bears defense missing several key players.
Since Week 6, the Bears have allowed a 100-yard rusher every week except for Week 9 when they, um, held Washington's Alfred Morris to only 95 rushing yards.
During that six-game span, the Bears have allowed eight different running backs to finish with double-digit fantasy points; six of them have at least 15 fantasy points and four of them have reached 20 points. Over that stretch, they have allowed 5.54 yards per carry and 10 rushing touchdowns to running backs.
Pocket Hercules has 20 receptions in past four games
Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew is averaging only 3.28 yards per carry in his past four games, but he has been very productive during that stretch.
With double-digit fantasy points in three of his past four games, Jones-Drew has a total of 395 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns since Week 8. He has scored a touchdown in each of his past three games.
In addition, MJD has become much more involved in the passing game recently.
During that four-game span, he has a total of 20 receptions. As a comparison, he had a total of 10 receptions in his first seven games combined.
While the matchup against the Browns may not be great, Jones-Drew has been consistent over the past several weeks and should be in most owner's starting lineups this week.
Deja vu all over again for Gore?
The 49ers offense has been anything but balanced this season as they rank dead last in the league in passing offense but fourth in rushing.
Ranking 11th in the league in rushing, 49ers running back Frank Gore is having a solid season overall with 779 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
In his past two games, however, Gore has had a pair of disappointing performances. Against the Saints and Redskins, Gore has carried the ball a combined 26 times for just 79 yards, which averages to 3.04 yards per carry, and he had less than five fantasy points in both games.
Gore has an opportunity to get back on track this week, though.
His best performance of the season came in his first outing against the Rams when he rushed 20 times for a season-high 153 yards and a touchdown. Lucky for Gore and his fantasy owners, he faces the Rams for the second time of the season this week.
The only team to allow more fantasy points to opposing running backs this season is the Cowboys.
Moreno listed as probable and expected to start vs. KC
Coming off a career-best 224-yard performance, there was some uncertainty about the status of Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno heading into Week 13.
Moreno, who carried the ball 37 times last week, left the stadium in a walking boot, but he is listed as probable for Sunday's game and is expected to start against the Chiefs.
Before their first matchup in Week 11, the Chiefs had allowed only one rushing touchdown to a running back in nine games. Since then, however, they have a total of four rushing touchdowns in just two games.
The first time these two teams met, it was rookie Montee Ball — not Moreno — that rushed for both of the team's touchdowns.
That said, Moreno has a total of 64 rush attempts in the past two games for a total of 303 rushing yards. Although he had 37 receptions in his first nine games, Moreno has only one reception over the past two games.
* If you like doubling your money, open a DraftKings account and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are my Week 13 fantasy running back rankings (standard scoring):
1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings (vs. CHI)
2. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks (vs. NO)
3. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. DEN)
4. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears (at MIN)
5. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers (vs. STL)
6. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. ARI)
7. Andre Brown, New York Giants (at WAS)
8. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars (at CLE)
9. Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins (vs. NYG)
10. Knowshon Moreno, Denver Broncos (at KC)
11. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans (at IND)
12. Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams (at SF)
13. Shane Vereen, New England Patriots (at HOU)
14. C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills (vs. ATL)
15. Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals (at SD)
16. Danny Woodhead, San Diego Chargers (vs. CIN)
17. Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills (vs. ATL)
18. Steven Jackson, Atlanta Falcons (at BUF)
19. Pierre Thomas, New Orleans Saints (at SEA)
20. Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers (vs. CIN)
21. Chris Ivory, New York Jets (vs. MIA)
22. Ben Tate, Houston Texans (vs. NE)
23. Bobby Rainey, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at CAR)
24. Rashard Mendenhall, Arizona Cardinals (at PHI)
25. Lamar Miller, Miami Dolphins (at NYJ)
26. Donald Brown, Indianapolis Colts (vs. TEN)
27. Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints (at SEA)
28. Brandon Bolden, New England Patriots (at HOU)
29. Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals (at PHI)
30. Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots (at HOU)
31. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts (vs. TEN)
32. Chris Ogbonnaya, Cleveland Browns (vs. JAX)
33. Montee Ball, Denver Broncos (at KC)
34. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati Bengals (at SD)
35. Dennis Johnson, Houston Texans (vs. NE)
36. Bilal Powell, New York Jets (vs. MIA)
37. DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers (vs. TB)
38. Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints (at SEA)
39. Jacquizz Rodgers, Atlanta Falcons (at BUF)
40. Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers (vs. TB)
41. Toby Gerhart, Minnesota Vikings (vs. CHI)
42. Ronnie Brown, San Diego Chargers (vs. CIN)
43. Mike Tolbert, Carolina Panthers (vs. TB)
44. Roy Helu, Washington Redskins (vs. NYG)
45. Peyton Hillis, New York Giants (at WAS)
46. Kendall Hunter, San Francisco 49ers (vs. STL)
47. Jordan Todman, Jacksonville Jaguars (at CLE)
48. Benny Cunningham, St. Louis Rams (at SF)
49. Brian Leonard, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at CAR)
50. Bryce Brown, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. ARI)
* Note: Players from Thanksgiving games have been removed from these rankings.
More Week 13 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 13 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 13 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 13 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 13 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis: