Week 15 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 30 Quarterbacks
So highly productive and consistent this season, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is having one of the greatest seasons ever for a quarterback.
Heading into Week 15, Manning needs to average just two touchdown passes per game in the final three games of the season to break Tom Brady's single-season record (50).
Not only has he thrown multiple touchdown passes in 12 of 13 games, but he has thrown at least four touchdown passes in more than half of his games so far this year. In addition, Manning has more 400-yard games (three) this season than he has games with less than 300 yards (two).
With 4,522 yards on the season, Manning will almost certainly surpass his previous career of 4,700 yards set in his final year (on the field) in Indy. Provided he maintains his current pace through the final few weeks, Manning will finish with a league-record 5,565 passing yards and 55 touchdowns.
Through 13 games, the Chargers have allowed 20 passing touchdowns, but they allowed a season-worst four of them to Manning in Week 10. In their past 11 games, the Chargers have allowed only two 300-yard passers and Manning is one of them.
Injury uncertainty in the NFC North
On Monday Night, Bears quarterback Josh McCown threw for 348 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another score. In fact, nobody scored more fantasy points in Week 14 than McCown.
In each of his past three games, McCown has thrown for at least 348 yards and two touchdowns. On the season, McCown has a 13:1 TD-to-INT ratio, 109.8 passer rating and 66.8-percent completion rate.
Despite his success, it's possible that Jay Cutler gets the start this week as both McCown and coach Mark Trestman have stated that Cutler will start, once healthy.
“We’ll see where Jay [Cutler] is this week [with his high-ankle sprain]. He’ll have to be released by the doctors. When Jay’s ready to play, he’ll being playing," per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Then again, it's hard to imagine McCown sitting on the bench when he has played as well as he has. In addition, if Cutler was the guy, wouldn't the Bears be more willing to commit to him long-term?
Meanwhile, it's unclear whether or not Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will be cleared in time to start in Week 15.
Heading into Week 15, the Bears, Lions and Packers are all separated by only one-half game.
Will the "good" Luck continue?
Aside from McCown, the only other quarterback to have more fantasy points than Manning in Week 14 was his long-term replacement in Indianapolis.
Heading into last week's game, Colts second-year quarterback Andrew Luck had thrown five interceptions and only two touchdowns in his previous four games. In addition, the Bengals had allowed single-digit fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks in three of their previous five games.
Despite a relatively difficult matchup on Sunday, Luck threw for 326 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions and scored more than 30 fantasy points in a game for the first time this season.
For Luck to build upon last week's success, he will face the Texans for a second time this week.
Right before his four-game rough patch from Weeks 10 to 13, Luck had 271 yards, three touchdowns and no picks against the Texans and finished with 24 fantasy points in Week 9.
Lots of drama and dysfunction in the nation's capital
With two plus matchups in Week 15 and 16, will Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III be able to exploit them? Or will he even be on the field?
Per Rich Tandler of CSN Washington, coach Mike Shanahan is considering shutting down Griffin III for the season so that, wait for it ... he’s "healthy for a full offseason program."
Even without the dysfunction in the organization, RG3's inconsistent play this season makes you worry whether you start him — or you don't.
In his most recent eight games, Griffin III has four games with at least 20 fantasy points. On the other hand, he has four games with 10 fantasy points or less and less than five points in two of those games.
Over his past three games, RG3 has averaged only 163 passing yards per game and has two touchdowns and two interceptions.
Although he has 489 rushing yards on the season, he has yet to rush for a touchdown and he has alternated between four, 12 and four carries in the past three weeks.
This week, the Redskins face the Falcons, who have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season, but it remains to be seen whether it's RG3 or Kirk Cousins that's under center.
* If you like doubling your money, open a DraftKings account and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are my Week 15 fantasy quarterback rankings:
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (vs. SD)
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (at STL)
3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (at DAL)
4. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (vs. NYJ)
5. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (vs. BAL)
6. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (at MIN)
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (at DEN)
8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (at MIA)
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (vs. GB)
10. Josh McCown, Chicago Bears (at CLE)
11. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (at NYG)
12. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts (vs. HOU)
13. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (vs. WAS)
14. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins (at ATL)
15. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs (at OAK)
16. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers (at TB)
17. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (vs. CIN)
18. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (at PIT)
19. EJ Manuel, Buffalo Bills (at JAX)
20. Jason Campbell, Cleveland Browns (vs. CHI)
21. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at DET)
22. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals (at TEN)
23. Case Keenum, Houston Texans (at IND)
24. Eli Manning, New York Giants (vs. SEA)
25. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tennessee Titans (vs. ARI)
26. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins (vs. NE)
27. Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. SF)
28. Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings (vs. PHI)
29. Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. BUF)
30. Matt McGloin, Oakland Raiders (vs. KC)
31. Geno Smith, New York Jets (at CAR)
32. Kellen Clemens, St. Louis Rams (vs. NO)
More Week 15 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 15 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 15 Fantasy Football WR Rankings
- Week 15 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 15 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis: