Week 16 Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 60 Wide Receivers
More than anything, it has been a week full of controversy for Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant after walking off the field with more than a minute to go in the Cowboys' heart-breaking collapse to the Packers on Sunday.
While there's no doubt that Bryant plays the game with lots of emotion, that's no excuse for leaving the field early although that's the lame excuse he used.
After the loss, Bryant tweeted the following:
I walked back to the locker room because I was emotional...it had nothing to do with my teammates we had it... We fought and didn't finish— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) December 16, 2013
Despite all of the drama, it was a great week for his fantasy owners.
Bryant had 11 receptions for 153 yards, both of which are season highs, and a touchdown. He has now scored in three consecutive games, but it was his first 100-yard game since Week 7.
Fantasy owners are certainly hoping for a deja vu (all over again) type performance in Week 16 as they got from him last year in Championship Week. If you remember (and I'm sure you do if you played, or faced, him that week), he went off for 224 yards and two touchdowns in Week 16 last year.
This week, the Cowboys face the Redskins, who have been playing wide receivers better recently.
From Weeks 1 to 9, they allowed opposing receivers to rack up 200-plus receiving yards five times and 300-plus yards twice. Since then, however, they have held opposing wide receiver corps to less than 140 receiving yards in six consecutive games.
Edelman: 37/414/4 over past 4G
With a game-high 19 targets this past week, Patriots receiver Julian Edelman finished with 13 receptions, which tied a season high, for a career-high 139 yards and a touchdown.
As productive as he was on Sunday, Edelman has been highly productive over the past month.
By surpassing the 100-yard mark last week, Edelman now has done so in three of his past four games. During that span, he has 37 catches for 414 yards and four touchdowns. That pace would equate to a full-year stat line of 148/1,656/16.
On the season, Edelman has 89 catches for 914 yards and six touchdowns, all of which blow away his previous career highs.
While Danny Amendola has not been nearly as productive as Edelman recently, he had a huge game himself last week with 10 catches for a season-high 131 yards.
Based on his volume of targets and recent production, Edelman is a safe WR2 heading into Championship Week against the Ravens.
Already a career-best season for DJax
For the fifth time this season, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has gone over 100 receiving yards.
In Sunday's loss to the Vikings, Jackson nearly had 200 yards as he finished with 10 receptions for 195 yards, both of which are season highs, and a touchdown.
On the season, Jackson now has 75 receptions for 1,275 yards, both of which are career highs, and nine touchdowns, which ties his career high.
In a weird and coincidental pattern, Jackson has scored double-digit fantasy points in back-to-back weeks and then single-digit fantasy points in back-to-back weeks and alternated that pattern back and forth through his first 14 games.
The Eagles will host the Bears on Sunday Night Football this week and then head to Dallas for a potential division showdown in Week 17.
* If you like doubling your money, open a DraftKings account and get a 100-percent deposit bonus.
Here are my Week 16 fantasy wide receiver rankings (standard scoring):
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (vs. NYG)
2. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns (at NYJ)
3. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. MIN)
4. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (at PHI)
5. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (at WAS)
6. Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears (at PHI)
7. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos (at HOU)
8. Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers (at GB)
9. Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins (vs. DAL)
10. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans (vs. DEN)
11. Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers (vs. OAK)
12. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos (at HOU)
13. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (at STL)
14. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (vs. PIT)
15. DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. CHI)
16. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots (at BAL)
17. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins (at BUF)
18. Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (at CAR)
19. Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens (vs. NE)
20. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers (vs. ATL)
21. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (at BUF)
22. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons (at SF)
23. Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans (at JAX)
24. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals (at SEA)
25. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots (at BAL)
26. Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers (vs. ATL)
27. T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts (at KC)
28. Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings (at CIN)
29. James Jones, Green Bay Packers (vs. PIT)
30. Riley Cooper, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. CHI)
31. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs (vs. IND)
32. Andre Caldwell, Denver Broncos (at HOU)
33. Emmanuel Sanders, Pittsburgh Steelers (at GB)
34. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants (at DET)
35. Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders (at SD)
36. Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers (vs. PIT)
37. Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons (at SF)
38. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers (vs. NO)
39. Golden Tate, Seattle Seahawks (vs. ARI)
40. Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota Vikings (at CIN)
41. Rueben Randle, New York Giants (at DET)
42. Doug Baldwin, Seattle Seahawks (vs. ARI)
43. Robert Woods, Buffalo Bills (vs. MIA)
44. Michael Floyd, Arizona Cardinals (at SEA)
45. DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans (vs. DEN)
46. Marvin Jones, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. MIN)
47. Aldrick Robinson, Washington Redskins (vs. DAL)
48. Andre Holmes, Oakland Raiders (at SD)
49. Da'Rick Rogers, Indianapolis Colts (at KC)
50. Brandon LaFell, Carolina Panthers (vs. NO)
51. Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders (at SD)
52. Nate Burleson, Detroit Lions (vs. NYG)
53. Ace Sanders, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. TEN)
54. Santana Moss, Washington Redskins (vs. DAL)
55. Justin Hunter, Tennessee Titans (at JAX)
56. Rishard Matthews, Miami Dolphins (at BUF)
57. Jeremy Kerley, New York Jets (vs. CLE)
58. Jerricho Cotchery, Pittsburgh Steelers (at GB)
59. Eddie Royal, San Diego Chargers (vs. OAK)
60. Mike Brown, Jacksonville Jaguars (vs. TEN)
More Week 16 Fantasy Football Rankings:
- Week 16 Fantasy Football QB Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy Football RB Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy Football TE Rankings
Week 16 Daily Fantasy Football Salary-Cap Analysis:
|Looking to join a 2014 fantasy football league? Yahoo Fantasy Football - Sign Up Today!|