Fantasy Football TE Playoff Rankings: Wild Card Round
After posting my Wild Card round fantasy rankings for quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers, it's time for tight ends.
Here are my top 12 fantasy wide receiver rankings for this round of the playoffs:
1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (at PHI)
Even though he fell short of career-high numbers set in 2011, Graham had 86 catches for 1,215 yards, both of which led all tight ends, but he did shatter his previous career high with 16 touchdowns. Graham has scored in five of his past six games and is the clear-cut top fantasy tight end in the playoffs.
2. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers (at GB)
One of the biggest mismatches at the position due to his freakish athleticism, Davis has scored in six of his past seven games this season. Only Graham had more touchdowns at tight end this season than Davis (13).
Davis seems to shine in the postseason. In 116 career regular-season games, Davis has only nine 100-yard games. In five postseason games, Davis has four 100-yard games and a total of five touchdowns.
3. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers (at CIN)
For me, there is a considerable dropoff between the top two tight ends and the rest of the rankings for this round. One of the best tight ends in the red zone ever, Gates has only four touchdowns this season, but he did end a five-game drought in Week 17 against the Chiefs.
4. Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NO)
Celek has more than 50 yards and a touchdown in back-to-back games and he has scored in three of his past five games. On the season, the numbers between Celek (32/502/6) and Zach Ertz (36/469/4) are fairly similar.
* DraftKings: Play Daily Fantasy Football throughout the playoffs and get a 100-percent bonus on your initial deposit.
5. Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagles (vs. NO)
Like Celek, Ertz has three touchdowns in his past five games, but he hasn't scored in either of his past two games. As noted above, their production is similar this season and so are their targets: Ertz (56) and Celek (50).
6. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts (vs. KC)
Only the Lions and Rams allowed fewer fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season. When Fleener faced the Chiefs in Week 16, he finished with two catches for eight yards. Over his past four games, Fleener has a total of eight catches for 64 yards and no touchdowns.
7. Andrew Quarless, Green Bay Packers (vs. SF)
A couple of weeks ago, Quarless had back-to-back games with stat lines of 6/66/1. While he only has three catches for 50 yards in his past two games, Aaron Rodgers will spread the ball around to whomever is open.
8. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. SD)
Gresham led the Bengals tight ends in fantasy points this season, but both he and Tyler Eifert missed the regular-season finale. Gresham is dealing with a hamstring injury, but he was a limited participant at practice on Wednesday and is expected to be available this weekend.
Here are the rest of the top 12 tight ends for this week's playoff games:
9. Tyler Eifert, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. SD)
10. Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers (at CIN)
11. Anthony Fasano, Kansas City Chiefs (at IND)
12. Sean McGrath, Kansas City Chiefs (at IND)
13. Ben Watson, New Orleans Saints (at PHI)
14. Vance McDonald, San Francisco 49ers (at GB)
Alternatively, you can view my full playoff rankings here.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|