2014 NFL Draft Big Board (Pre-Combine Update): Clowney still unanimous No. 1
Only a couple of days away from the on-field workouts at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, we have updated our consensus 2014 NFL Draft Big Board.
Based on top-50 rankings from both Brendan Donahue and myself, we average out the rankings to arrive at a consensus ranking.
Once again, we are both in agreement as who the No. 1 prospect is in this year's draft class and that's South Carolina junior defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. Although his production declined in 2013 and some questioned his motivation and work ethic, Clowney is a physical freak and a once-in-a-decade type of prospect.
While his on-field performance at the combine matters much less than the impressions he leaves in the interview rooms, Clowney has stated that it his goal to run a 4.4 forty, which is insane for a defensive line prospect.
[Related: We will update all combine results here.]
Based on our rankings, here are the top 15 prospects on our big board:
1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (AVG: 1.0, KH: 1, BD: 1)
T2. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville (AVG: 3.5, KH: 5, BD: 2)
T2. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (AVG: 3.5, KH: 2, BD: 5)
4. Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (AVG: 4.0, KH: 4, BD: 4)
5. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (AVG: 4.5, KH: 3, BD: 6)
6. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (AVG: 5.0, KH: 7, BD: 3)
7. Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA (AVG: 7.0, KH: 6, BD: 8)
8. C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama (AVG: 7.5, KH: 8, BD: 7)
9. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (AVG: 9.5, KH: 9, BD: 10)
10. Marqise Lee, WR, USC (AVG: 12.0, KH: 12, BD: 12)
T11. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan (AVG: 12.5, KH: 14, BD: 11)
T11. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (AVG: 12.5, KH: 16, BD: 9)
T11. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (AVG: 12.5, KH: 10, BD: 15)
T11. Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (AVG: 12.5, KH: 11, BD: 14)
15. Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida (AVG: 14.5, KH: 13, BD: 16)