Fantasy Football ADP (July 14th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 7/7 to 7/14 in parenthesis) by position:
- Teddy Bridgewater, Vikings: -5.7 (188.6 on 7/7 to 182.9 on 7/14)
- Joe Flacco, Ravens: -4.5 (187.8 to 183.3)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Texans: -4.1 (190.0 to 185.9)
- DeDe Dorsey, Free Agent: -19.3 (194.1 to 174.8)
- Jonathan Stewart, Panthers: -13.5 (147.2 to 133.7)
- Lance Dunbar, Cowboys: -12.1 (166.4 to 154.3)
- Plaxico Burress, Free Agent: -12.9 (182.6 to 169.7)
- Rueben Randle, Giants: -7.1 (109.8 to 102.7)
- Jason Avant, Panthers: -6.3 (178.3 to 172.0)
- Ladarius Green, Chargers: -6.1 (132.7 to 126.6)
- Dwayne Allen, Colts: -5.1 (188.9 to 183.8)
- Antonio Gates: -4.0 (166.5 to 162.5)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 7/7 to 7/14 in parenthesis) by position:
- Jake Locker, Titans: +9.5 (187.1 to 196.6)
- Alex Smith, Chiefs: +8.7 (170.7 to 179.4)
- Brian Hoyer, Browns: +6.0 (172.3 to 178.3)
- Knowshon Moreno, Dolphins: +6.0 (91.6 to 97.6)
- C.J. Anderson, Broncos: +5.6 (151.3 to 156.9)
- Shonn Greene, Titans: +5.0 (175.3 to 180.3)
- Marqise Lee, Jaguars: +9.4 (165.4 to 174.8)
- Steve Johnson, 49ers: +9.1 (172.9 to 182.0)
- Joshua Cribbs, Free Agent: + (183.8 to 191.7)
- Coby Fleener, Colts: +6.5 (181.2 to 187.7)
- Kevin Boss, Free Agent: +6.2 (181.7 to 187.9)
- Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions: +6.2 (108.7 to 114.9)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|