Fantasy Football ADP (July 21st Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 7/14 to 7/21 in parenthesis) by position:
- Jake Locker, Titans: -6.2 (196.6 on 7/14 to 190.4 on 7/21)
- Michael Vick, Jets: -3.7 (192.8 to 189.1)
- Tom Brady, Patriots: -2.0 (69.8 to 67.8)
- John Kuhn, Packers: -9.1 (197.2 to 188.1)
- Mike Tolbert, Panthers: -3.6 (188.9 to 185.3)
- Marcus Lattimore, 49ers: -3.2 (187.1 to 183.9)
- DeAndre Hopkins, Texans: -7.3 (125.4 to 118.1)
- Justin Hunter, Titans: -5.5 (154.7 to 149.2)
- Dexter McCluster, Titans: -5.5 (192.9 to 187.4)
- Tyler Eifert, Bengals: -5.4 (190.3 to 184.9)
- Coby Fleener, Colts: -4.3 (187.7 to 183.4)
- Ladarius Green, Chargers: -4.1 (126.6 to 122.5)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 7/14 to 7/21 in parenthesis) by position:
- Blake Bortles, Jaguars: +20.3 (164.9 to 185.2)
- Brian Hoyer, Browns: +15.3 (178.3 to 193.6)
- Matt Cassel, Vikings: +1.7 (179.0 to 180.7)
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Bengals: +5.1 (177.9 to 183.0)
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals: +3.7 (185.3 to 189.0)
- Fred Jackson, Bills: +2.0 (93.4 to 95.4)
- Josh Gordon, Browns: +43.3 (105.0 to 148.3)
- Marqise Lee, Jaguars: +13.6 (174.8 to 188.4)
- Brandon LaFell, Patriots: +8.8 (177.4 to 186.2)
- Richard Rodgers, Packers: +4.2 (192.7 to 196.9)
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars: +3.8 (187.0 to 190.8)
- Jared Cook, Rams: +2.7 (196.6 to 199.3)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|