Fantasy Football ADP (July 28th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Below are the three biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 7/21 to 7/28 in parenthesis) by position:
- Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars: -26.5 (185.2 on 7/21 to 158.7)
- Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans: -10.0 (190.4 to 180.4)
- Brian Hoyer, Cleveland Browns: -4.4 (193.6 to 189.2)
- David Wilson, New York Giants: -7.5 (130.0 to 122.5)
- Jerick McKinnon, Minnesota Vikings: -6.7 (187.0 to 180.3)
- Stepfan Taylor, Arizona Cardinals: -6.5 (189.0 to 182.5)
- Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders: -6.6 (186.7 to 180.1)
- Justin Hunter, Tennessee Titans: -6.2 (149.2 to 143.0)
- DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans: -5.8 (118.1 to 112.3)
- Tyler Eifert, Cincinnati Bengals: -7.4 (184.9 to 177.5)
- Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams: -7.2 (199.3 to 192.1)
- Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts: -5.2 (183.4 to 178.2)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
* Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Below are the three biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 7/21 to 7/28 in parenthesis) by position:
- Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings: +5.2 (181.5 on 7/21 to 186.7 on 7/28)
- Josh McCown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +3.8 (143.6 to 147.4)
- Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs: +3.7 (180.3 to 184.0)
- Latavius Murray, Oakland Raiders: +8.6 (180.8 to 189.4)
- LeGarrette Blount, Pittsburgh Steelers: +3.8 (119.6 to 123.4)
- (Tie) Shonn Greene, Tennessee Titans: +3.1 (180.7 to 183.8); Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills: +3.1 (95.4 to 98.5); Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati Bengals: +3.1 (97.0 to 100.1)
- Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns: +18.7 (148.3 to 167.0)
- (Tie) Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +3.5 (104.4 to 107.9); Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers: +3.5 (117.1 to 120.6)
- Owen Daniels, Baltimore Ravens: +3.0 (182.9 to 185.9)
- Richard Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: +2.7 (196.9 to 199.6)
- Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles: +2.6 (185.5 to 188.1)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|