Fantasy Football ADP (July 7th Update): Biggest Weekly Risers/Fallers
Every Monday, we post an update in players that have had the biggest moves — both up and down — in fantasy football average draft position (ADP) from the previous week.
With this information, we can get a better sense of the collective perceptions of fantasy football owners (mock drafters). If a player is moving up the ADP chart, it may lead us to using a higher pick than his current ADP to make sure we secure a targeted player.
Of course, a player's ADP (and movement) is just one (small) piece in determining who to draft and our strategy used to assemble a fantasy roster.
For purposes of our study, we will use 14-team ADP data from Fantasy Football Calculator. While most may play in 12-team leagues, using ADP data from 14-team leagues provides data on more players.
Here are the five biggest risers over the past week (ADPs on 6/30 to 7/7 in parenthesis):
1. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers: -18.7 (182.5 on 6/30 to 165.9 on 7/7)
2. Brian Hoyer, QB, Cleveland Browns: -18.0 (190.3 to 172.3)
3. Lance Dunbar, RB, Dallas Cowboys: -10.8 (177.2 to 166.4)
4. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami Dolphins: -10.4 (85.1 to 74.7)
5. Rob Bironas, PK, Tennessee Titans: -9.2 (200.9 to 191.7)
Note: Minus signs mean the ADP is become better (i.e., earlier) in drafts.
Here are the five biggest fallers over the past week (ADPs on 6/30 to 7/7 in parenthesis):
1. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Miami Dolphins: +13.4 (78.2 to 91.6)
2. Shonn Greene, RB, Tennessee Titans: +10.6 (164.7 to 175.3)
3. Coby Fleener, TE, Indianapolis Colts: +9.3 (171.9 to 181.2)
4. Andre Williams, RB, New York Giants: +8.6 (178.6 to 187.2)
5. Steve Johnson, WR, San Francisco 49ers: +8.1 (164.8 to 172.9)
Note: Plus signs mean the ADP is become worse (i.e., later) in drafts.
- More: Fantasy Football Average Draft Position (ADP) Data for all drafted players
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|