Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (July 11th): 10 teams, No. 1 pick
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 10-team league using standard scoring and I have the No. 1 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.01 - Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
2.10 - Giovani Bernard, RB, Cincinnati Bengals
3.01 - Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears
4.10 - Toby Gerhart, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
5.01 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons
6.10 - Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns
7.01 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington
8.10 - Michael Floyd, WR, Arizona Cardinals
9.01 - Jeremy Hill, RB, Cincinnati Bengals
10.10 - Mike Wallace, WR, Miami Dolphins
11.01 - Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans
12.10 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
13.01 - Jay Cutler, QB, Chicago Bears
14.10 - Kansas City Chiefs D/ST
15.01 - Phil Dawson, K, San Francisco 49ers
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: Unlike last offseason, RG3 is healthy and all reports thus far have been extremely positive. With a talented trio of pass-catchers (Pierre Garcon, free-agent addition DeSean Jackson and Jordan Reed), RG3 is poised for a bounce-back season. Considering Andy Dalton finished fifth in fantasy points among QBs last year in Jay Gruden's offense, there's no reason RG3 can't do the same, or better, this year. I typically never draft a second quarterback in 10- or even 12-team leagues, but Cutler was a solid value in the 13th round and RG3 runs enough to make him vulnerable to miss a game or two.
- RBs: I only have four RBs on this roster, but I can't imagine sitting Charles, Gio or Gerhart, provided they stay healthy. That trio gives me three top-13 fantasy running backs based on my 2014 rankings. Hill should get a sizable amount of early-down and goal-line carries.
- WRs: With the Gerhart/White duo, I took two players that I'm higher than most at the turn. Like Gerhart, White is my 13th-ranked player at his position. Jeffery and White give me a solid starting duo and Floyd, Wallace and Wright all have upside. Shorts provides additional depth as my WR6.
- TEs: The only tight end with more yards than Cameron last season was Jimmy Graham. While I would prefer Graham, Rob Gronkowski and Julius Thomas all before Cameron, the looming suspension of Josh Gordon means that Cameron should get even more targets than he received last year.
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 16-team using point-per-reception (PPR) scoring and the No. 11 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.
|DraftKings: Open an account and get a 100% deposit bonus (up to $600).|