Fantasy Football Mock Draft Per Day (July 13th): 16 teams, No. 11 pick, PPR
Back on May 27th, we began our 2014 fantasy football mock draft per day series using our site's mock draft simulator (powered by FantasyPros).
As we continue through the offseason, I will continue to complete a mock draft every day as I vary the scoring format, league size, draft slot, etc. and today's mock is a 16-team league using point-per-reception (PPR) scoring and I have the No. 11 pick.
Here are my picks in today's mock draft:
1.11 - Arian Foster, RB, Houston Texans
2.06 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
3.11 - Roddy White, WR, Atlanta Falcons
4.06 - Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
5.11 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington
6.06 - Dennis Pitta, TE, Baltimore Ravens
7.11 - Fred Jackson, RB, Buffalo Bills
8.06 - Jeremy Hill, RB, Cincinnati Bengals
9.11 - Hakeem Nicks, WR, Indianapolis Colts
10.06 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans
11.11 - Andrew Hawkins, WR, Cleveland Browns
12.06 - Alex Smith, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
13.11 - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Titans
14.06 - Chicago Bears D/ST
15.11 - Robbie Gould, K, Chicago Bears
Some notes about my team (view full mock here):
- QBs: Like with many of these mocks, I've ended up with RG3. Even though he's learning a new offense, Griffin III is healthy this offseason (thanks to Shanahan) with improved weapons (thanks to Chip Kelly). With Andy Dalton finishing fifth among QBs in fantasy points in Jay Gruden's offense, there is certainly no reason that RG3 can't finish fifth (or better) this year.
- RBs: Foster racked up a league-high 5,702 YFS and 47 TDs from 2010-2012, but injury cut his season short in 2013. Perhaps his back injury (i.e., reduced workload as a consequence) indirectly helps to keep him healthy and fresh in 2014. Bell has the potential to get close to 300 carries and 60 receptions as my RB2. F-Jax and Hill provide some depth and I probably should have added a fifth RB along the way.
- WRs: Injuries (ankle, knee) derailed White's season through November, but he was dominant in December. Only one receiver had more receptions than White, who had 43 catches for 502 yards in December. That receiver was Edelman. While I think we see a pre-2013 type of season from Roddy, it's unlikely that Edelman puts up the same numbers he had last season, but he's still a solid WR2 in PPR formats. Nicks, Hopkins, Hawkins and Hunter all have upside and provide depth.
- TEs: Many expected a breakout season from Pitta last year, but a hip injury before the season started nearly wiped out all of his 2013 season. A 70/750/6 season is realistic for Pitta, but there is upside for more.
Mock Draft Simulator: Complete your own mock drafts on our site for free.
Our 2014 fantasy football rankings:
- 2014 fantasy football quarterback rankings
- 2014 fantasy football running back rankings
- 2014 fantasy football wide receiver rankings
- 2014 fantasy football tight end rankings
- 2014 fantasy football cheat sheet
Tomorrow's mock draft will be a 12-team using point-per-reception (PPR) scoring and the No. 5 overall pick. Follow me on Twitter (@EDSFootball) to keep track of our updates.